L x Upset! Reader *mature*

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT⚠

You had a bad day. Really, really bad. It was one of those days where everything went wrong, despite your best efforts. By the end, even something as small as dropping your pen made you want to break down and cry.

But finally, after fighting your emotions for the entirety of the day, you were on your way home. Exhausted, you finally get to your front door step, and fiddle with the keys a bit before finally getting inside.

L wasn't home. Which didn't make you feel any better at all.

Tired and ready to go to bed despite it being broad daylight outside, you wipe your eyes and slowly head upstairs, and flop down on your bed as a few tears slip down your cheeks.

After awhile of just laying there, you hear L arrive home, and eventually come into your room. Assuming you weren't awake as you laid there, he slips beside you and pulls you in, brushing your wet hair from your face. After feeling the sensation of this, you feel him tense slightly, sitting up before he shifts closer.

"(y/n) sweetheart, are you awake?"

He questions gently, and you sniff in response, trying to hold back.

"...honey, what's wrong?"

He continues, softly lifting you so you were leaning into his chest.

"I just had a really bad day."

You answer, your voice wavering only slightly as you latch onto him.

"Awe...Tell me what happened?"

He gently asks as he kisses your forehead. You then quietly tell him everything, and he sighs as he squeezes you in.

"I'm sorry to hear this honey bunches..."

He mutters, taking your hands before kissing the top of your head.

"You know I hate seeing you so upset like this (y/n). Is there anything I can do?"

He asks, gently rubbing your back.

"Can we watch a movie together or something?"

You ask, and he nods before kissing your forehead and gently picking you up.

"What movie darling?"

He asks, and you spend a little while in thought before looking up.

"U-um...maybe...*favorite movie*?"

You mumble sheepishly, and he gently kisses your cheek.

"I had a feeling you would say that.."

He sweetly says, and you cuddle into him before he walks with you out to the living room, gently placing you down before he moves to the kitchen.

"How does cake and hot chocolate sound (y/n)?"

He asks, and you spend a moment in thought before nodding.

"Good."

You answer, now only slightly smiling. After he gets your sweet treats for you, he wraps your shoulders in a puffy blanket before he kisses your cheek and hands you your cake. He then swiftly sets up the movie, soon after cuddling up next to you on the couch.

After the movie had finished, your boyfriend kisses your cheek before brushing your hair to the side.

"You know...It's not too late of a time honey. Would you like me to run you a bath as well so you can relax and take your mind off of everything?"