Bring your child to work // Random one shot

Note : credit to heartstorys4you for helping out with writing this one shot!!

Instagram is arcane.saga! Give some love and a follow ♡

~♡~L's POV~♡~

"Alright honey. I'll see you in a few days then."

(y/n) says before kissing my cheek softly, then bringing me in for a small hug at the door. Things were complicated at work lately, and yet again I had no other choice than to go in for more than a few days.

"But L, you have to tell her this time."

She says, and I sigh as I already know what's coming. I hated this part more than anything...Especially when I was the one who had to break the news.

"(d/n), where are you? Come here please."

I finally say, my voice echoing through the house from the small foyer before the door. Without getting an answer, I can hear small footsteps down the hall, and her peeking around the corner before I kneel, smiling lightly.

"Come over here. Don't worry, You're not in trouble sweetheart."

I say, and she walks over before I pause, not having the heart to tell her I had to go, although I knew she wouldnt throw a tantrum. She rarely ever did, but I could tell she was already upset as she looks down at the ground. She probably already knew what I was going to tell her...

"Hey...what's wrong angel cakes?"

I ask, brushing her hair to the side. Of course I already knew what was the matter, and without saying a word, she comes closer before latching onto me, holding my shirt tightly. I sigh, then gently hug her back before speaking.

"Hey...I'll be back in a little while. Don't worry, I promise it will only be two or three days. Okay? I'm sorry I have to go."

I apologise, and she shakes her head, now beginning to tear up.

"Hey...shh, it's alright (d/n), don't cry."

I attempt to say, but she wasn't having it, and held onto me tighter while tears slipped down her cheeks. I then look up to (y/n) almost helplessly, and she sighs before kneeling with me, softly touching our daughters hair, to which she doesn't look up.

"(D/n), honey, I'll miss daddy lots too. But he'll be back before you know it, okay? So why don't I take you to the park and the movies tonight. Would that make you feel better?"

She says softly, and (d/n) shakes her head quickly in disagreement as she hides her face into my chest.

"(d/n), please don't be difficult for us now...Listen to your mother."

I try to say only a little more firmly, and she shakes her head again, sniffling now and quite obviously very upset. Sighing, I consider for a moment before giving in, lifting her up before wiping her tears away. Seeing her like this always made me crack.

"How about you can come with me, just for today. But you have to be very good, okay?"

I then sigh, and she looks up as the waterworks stop immediately, replaced with a smile that was ear to ear.