First meet / First date

Note: through this chapter theres a bit of POV switching, so please bear with me!

~♡~L's POV~♡~

I was dragged along to another one of Light and Misa's dates yet again today, to some Café across the city. I hated having to go with them, to be honest. Third wheeling was never fun, but....I suppose it was an excuse to get out to have some good cake.

"Why did you pick somewhere so busy?"

I ask as we finally sit down, shifting a little before I pick up the small menu, eyeing over the treats they had to offer.

"You didn't have to come with us you know. Light and I should be able to pick where we want."

Misa says while she slightly huffs, and I glance up.

"Beleive me, if I didn't have to come with you two, I wouldn't."

I answer, not entirely pleased with having to be with them on dates.

"Whatever. Anyway, wheres the server? We've been here for a couple minuets now.."

Misa begins, but right as she does, someone comes over.

"Hi! Sorry for the wait you guys."

I hear, making me look up to the server in question. She had an apron on with the name of the cafe, and my eyes trace upward to her face as my train of thought gets thrown off track immediately.

"Anything I can start you off with?"

She asks cheerily as she tucks a stray piece of hair behind her ear, taking out a pen and notepad. As Misa goes ahead and states her order, I feel myself zone out on her while she jots it down, making a little small talk as she does so. She had (e/c) eyes that sparkled a little when she smiled, but still were attentive. Her rosy lips were ever so slightly shiny, and complimented her warm smile as she gently takes the menu from Misa and quickly turns toward Light.

"And how about yourself?"

She asks, and I can't help but feel an odd fluttering in the pit of my stomach. Her voice was so sweet, and I lose track of everything while I listen to her go over something as mundane as Light's order specifications. It felt so funny, I couldn't keep my eyes off her, and she made me feel so....Strange.

"Alright, sounds good...And for you?"

She asks, her eyes finally meeting mine while her lips curve into a small smile.

"U-um..."

I sputter, my chest suddenly feeling quite tight while I forget how to properly think. Feeling a little panicked, I look down at the menu quickly, taking a moment to find what I had picked out earlier.

"Sorry...S-strawberry cake and a...Black coffee, please."

I manage to stammer, and she hums slightly as she leans down to gently take the menu.

"That cake is one of my personal favourites. Good choice."

She smiles while she tucks it under her arm, and I couldn't find my words. It was like my heart was caught in my throat.

"Alright, I'll go put these in for you and have your drinks out in a second. If theres anything else feel free to grab me anytime."

She says, quickly turning before walking toward the kitchen. My eyes follow her as she does so, and I couldnt help but admit that she had quite a nice...physique, as well. After she was out of sight, I look back to the table again before noticing that Misa was looking at me with a smug grin while she leans down on her elbows.