Undercover Mission

It was a regular day at work like any other. Boring, dull, and as always-Surrounded by sweets. You were one of the detectives that worked alongside the legendary L, the worlds most famous and renowned investigator. When you first started, you always thought that this job would be full of danger, and had undercover missions around every corner. Though...It wasn't quite what you expected, to say the least. You just spent all day going through various reports, sometimes getting ordered around by your sugar craved boss. You couldn't even count the times you have been told to go get some cake from the bakery nearby, or to find some weird candy that no store has in a hundred mile radius.

That being said...at least it was sort of interesting....

"(y/n)!"

You hear, snapping you out of your little bubble.

"Wha-huh?! Yes?"

You respond as you look up, seeing the hunched over figure standing before you.

"That's the fifth time I've tried to get your attention. This daydreaming is getting out of hand."

He says, pulling a strawberry lollypop from his pocket.

"Ah, yes. Sorry sir, won't happen again."

You say, earning a sigh.

"I've also told you countless times to quit calling me-"

Before he can finish, you hear the door to the building bust open, and somebody running over.

"Riyuzaki! I just got some stuff you will absolutely want to see from that case you've been looking at!"

They say as they run in with a folder with papers nearly spilling out.

"You're going to have to be more specific. I look at hundreds of cases per day. Which one are you referring to?"

The detective says in an annoyed yet monotone voice as he looks over to the person with the papers, and they hand only one over, still trying to catch their breath.

"That one with the famous mob boss. We have a location on him. That paper I just gave you is a location for a huge gala being held in a few days. It's gunna be tough to get in, but he's definitely going to be there. It'll be easy to surround the building once we confirm the location."

"This is good..."

Riyuzaki says as he holds the paper with his index finger and thumb, like always.

"But there is one problem. From the looks of it, it seems quite extravagant. Black tie...entire historic ballroom rented out...Seems like it's going to be an undercover mission for whoever goes."

He rambles as you cup your cheek in the palm of your hand.

"So...Who's going to go then? No doubt this guys gunna know who's a cop, unless...."

You begin before you look up to Riyuzaki.

"Um...Si-I mean, Riyuzaki...?"

You say quietly, making him look down with his deep dark and slightly intimating eyes.

"Yes?"

"If this guys gunna know whoever's a cop unless they're completely anonymous, wouldn't the two best people to go be...you and I? You know I'm fairly new, so I'm not in the system yet, and you...well, nobody in the public has ever seen your face anyways. Wouldn't it be safest?"

He spends a moment in thought before he looks back toward you, and he nods slowly as he places his thumb to his lips.

"You're correct (y/n). And it would be better if two went rather than one. Safety in numbers and all that..."