Personal Bodyguard // Part 2

Great. This is exactly what you needed.

You think, staying defensive while you wait for the attacker to make a move. When he finally swiped, the crowd screamed, which took you out of focus while he only just cuts into the side of your blazer. Hopefully he didn't make it to your skin.

"(Y/N)!"

L begins, but you cut him off as you keep him behind you.

"Get him to safety, NOW!"

You bark at one of the stage managers, and they quickly come over and lead L away despite him protesting. Once he was gone, you keep your stance while you keep your eye on the knife.

"Just you and me."

You say, and the he tries to move past you toward where L went, and you swiftly deliver a kick to the stomach, keeling him over before you quickly elbow down on his shoulder, forcing him to drop the knife. The crowd was still reacting quite heavily while the stage managers ushered them out, and you already knew this would be on the news later, or within the next hour...You could almost feel the public's smart phone cameras on you.

Thinking you had him, you let your guard down only a slight amount before he suddenly regains composure, quickly getting up and throwing you to the ground as you harshly hit the wall too. Trying to recover as your body ached, you finally hear the door burst open, seeing other security guards run in.

Using the last of your strength, you maneuver behind him as he was turned for a moment, quickly twisting his arm around and forcing him into a nearby concrete wall, holding him there as you breathe heavily.

"Take him from here."

You say sternly to one of the guards, and they do so while you quickly show them your badge that was just under your blazer.

"I'm going to escort L out of here. Make sure nobody goes through that door."

You continue, and run through as you try and ignore the pain of getting thrown down. Finally getting to one of the exits, you barrel through and slam the door behind you, seeing L not far away.

"We have to get to the car. Now."

You say, losing energy as you take over, leading him out before quickly making the call for Watari to come around. Opening the exit to the building, you were blinded by camera flashes of the reporters eagerly waiting outside, and soon after bombarded with questions about what just transpired in the building, as well as if he thinks the assailant had anything to do with Kira.

"L! Do you have anything to say to any Kira worshippers out there?"

"Do you think this gives information on his motives?"

They ask one after another, and you pull the hoodie over his head for him while you swiftly walk to the car.

"No questions."

You say sternly, placing a hand on his back as you keep your quick pace. Finally after getting to the car, you open the door and lead him in, sighing a breath of relief before locking the doors as camera flashes continued.

"Are you alright?"

You ask as the car pulls away, and he nods as you get more situated in the car.

"G-good...I'm glad you're okay..I had to take him on back there.."

You stammer, and he looks over while he takes his mask off.

"Yes...I'm fine. Thank you."

He says, and you don't answer as you exhale deeply, closing your eyes while you feel a pain in your side quickly growing.