L x Psychologist! Reader // part 2

The three days you made him take off were finally up. Impatient, you tap your foot in your office, anxious to see how he managed the time off, and interested to hear what he actually got up to. An eternity went by as you waited, and eventually hear the door click, and L walk in yet again.

"Ah, welcome back. What did you get up to for the three days?"

You ask with a smile, and he sits down before answering, shrugging his shoulders.

"Not much, I tried to get more rest and go outside a bit though....To be honest it was sort of boring."

"Thats normal. When you're so used to a workload like yours it can get boring when you suddenly are taken out of it. But did you? Get more rest, I mean."

You smile, but he shakes his head while shifting his feet a little.

"Not really. I was too busy thinking."

He says, and before you could say anything, he looks up.

"I...I want to talk about my past. Like from when I was young?"

"You want to talk about your past?"

You ask, slightly surprised. He was opening up way more than you expected he would. And quickly too.

"Yes...I feel like it would get to the core of things...Confidentiality is ensured? I dont want any record of this...Please."

"Of course."

You smile, putting down the notepad and pen before letting your hands clasp in your lap.

"I'm here to just listen today. You can talk about anything you like. What's said in this room, stays in this room."

You smile, and he takes a deep breath before looking up.

"I...Didn't think about where to start."

He says, and you laugh lightly.

"Let's start at your earliest memory, okay?"

You say, leaning back while he brings his thumb to his lips, thinking.

"Um...My earliest memory was...When I first came to the orphanage I grew up at. All I can really remember was seeing the gate, and feeling cold...I was with Watari already at that point...I think."

He says, scratching his knee as his eyes don't meet with yours.

"I'm sorry to hear that...If you dont mind me asking, how did you end up there? Or do you not remember?"

You ask, using a gentler voice.

"My biological parents abandoned me when I was very young. I'm not entirely sure as to why, but the day I was born was October thirty-first. They may have been superstitious....But all I know is that I was found out on my own before being taken in. I have no idea who or where they are, let alone whether or not they're even still alive."

He says, shrugging. Again, the apathy was quite clear.

"I see...Well, what was life like at the orphange?"

"It was pretty normal, up until showed promise from a very young age for detective work. Soon enough I was groomed to become the worlds best, along with successors in case something happens to me. And here I am. I dont regret what happened, I just....Had to grow up pretty fast and I didn't make many friends because of it. I also had to remain quite closed off from the world and keep my identity a complete secret. The cases along with being unable to relate to others made me a bit weary of people. I dont trust easily or at all sometimes."