Adopting together

A/N:

Credit to heartstorys4you for helping me out with writing this chapter! Give them some love and a follow, they helped a whole bunch ♡♡ instagram is arcane.saga !!

"(y/n), are you in there?"

You hear L ask in the other room, making you look up.

"Yes. You're home early, how come?"

You ask, and you see L enter the room looking a little bit nervous, causing you tilt your head.

"L? What's wrong?"

You ask, and he looks up as he begins massaging his hands together nervously as he approaches you.

"I...I wanted to talk with you about something. It's been on my mind for awhile.."

He says, and you shift over so he could sit next to you. He does so, putting your hands in his, then he takes a deep breath before looking down.

"(y/n), you know how I grew up in an orphanage..."

"Yes..?"

You say, and he shifts a bit before he speaks up again.

"Well...I was wondering if you'd...like to adopt a child together."

He says suddenly, spitting out what was on his mind. It took you aback slightly, and you remain silent as you try and process his words.

"I-I know what you're thinking...We could have a baby of our own, but...While I was at the orphanage I eventually aged out of the system and was unable to find a family. Thats why I want to do this with you. I want to give hope to someone else - a hope I never got."

He says, squeezing your hands in his.

"Well...We've been married for quite some time. I was beginning to wonder if you would like to start a family one day."

You reply, and he sighs while he shifts closer, bringing his arm around your waist.

"But...are you alright with adopting?"

He asks, and you take a moment before you answer. Yes, you would like to give birth to your own child, but at the same time, giving a child, who is in need of a family was a very viable option in your opinion.

"Well...When are you thinking of doing this?"

You mumble softly, and he looks visibly relieved while he looks into your eyes with two deep grey ones.

"I was thinking...next month we could go to the adoption centre and begin the process of choosing a child..."

He explains, your eyes slightly widen.

"Next month?"

He nods.

"The process itself would take an extra one or two months minimum."

He continues, and yku think for a moment, before smiling as you tear up, not only accepting the idea, but feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

"Let's do it. Nothing would make me happier, honey.."

You say, and he softly smiles as he cups your cheek, bringing you in for a loving kiss.

Days passed, where both of you thought about what kind of kid would not only fit your lifestyle, but also complete your relationship and connect you on a deeper level. It was nerve wracking in a way, but so exciting, and you couldnt wait to meet your potential new family member.