Blizzard

It was a blizzard outside, but you had decided to walk home from work anyway. You didn't want to bother L, as he was probably still at headquarters and doing something more important, or he would be too busy to even check his messages.

As you clocked out and put your boots and coat on, you see outside it It was almost snowing sideways. And it looked cold.

Nevertheless, you sigh as you sling your purse over your shoulder and press on out the door. As you made your way down the streets, after only about 5 minutes you feel your feet, hands, and face become numb from the icy wind. There was only about 10 or 15 more minutes before you get home. It'll be fine. However, as you kept going, you felt yourself get slower and colder, and the wind getting stronger. Eventually having trouble taking one step, you look up and see your street in the near distance. But only a few seconds later, you could barely move anymore.

Weak from the cold, you lean into a lamp post for a moment as you lose the last bit of your energy, not even able to move your body from the sheer numbness.

Then despite you trying to fight it, everything slowly went dark.

~♡~L's POV~♡~

It had been thirty minutes since I got home. No sign of (y/n) at all. She was done work by now, and would have messaged me if she was going somewhere or doing something afterwards.

Checking my phone once again, to my dismay I see there weren't any calls or texts that I had missed. I was getting worried, and I had a bad feeling. The weather was particularly nasty tonight, and for someone as small as (y/n), it would feel even colder.

I then try calling her for the sixth time. Voicemail. Starting to pace, I look down at her contact as I contemplate going for a seventh.

Come to think of it...She walks home.

I think, before it hits me.

...oh no.

Without thinking twice, I throw on my jacket and head outside, the fierce wind pushing me back slightly when I opened the door. It snowed hard enough that no footprints would be left from earlier. Making it ten times harder to see where she has been and where she has gone.

"(y/n)!"

I call out, before I start walking in the direction of the path she takes to work, trying to call her at the same time. Maybe She dropped her phone somewhere today? Or at least I hope it's something like that....

I call her name into the storm again and again helplessly as I walk, getting more panicked every time. It was bitterly cold, and I could feel the icy grip of the wind numbing my cheeks. It also got dark fast, and was hard to see out here in almost pitch darkness. I hope she isn't lost. If she was...no, don't think about that.

"(Y/N)!"

I try to yell out, but as I hated to admit, I was half expecting no answer, which is exactly what happened. Not knowing what to do, I dial her number for what must've been the thousandth time.

"Come on....please pick up honey..."

I whisper, getting helpless and desperate.

I then heard very faint buzzing coupled with (y/n)'s ringtone not far from where I was. Frantic and half thinking I must be hearing things, I almost run towards it, but my feet catch something and I stumble forwards just a little. Looking down, I see a small figure slumped down by a lamp post, snow beginning to fully cover their lower half.

I knew it was my (y/n) as soon as I saw her.

"(Y-y/n)! Thank goodness....Darling, what are you doing out here!?"