L x Reader // ANGST

WARNING: THIS IS SAD I CRIED WRITING IT. MULTIPLE TIMES. SO BRACE YOURSELVES AND BE PREPARED BCS THIS IS EMOTIONAL .

-GALAXY CATS 🐱

~*~

It was your 3 year anniversary as a couple. May 14th. L never once forgot the date, and he always tried hard to make each one more special than the last. Tonight, It was a cool early summer night underneath the dim glow of the city, and by your standards, the evening was completely perfect. Despite Kira still being on the loose, and the stress it was putting on both of you, you managed to completely enjoy yourselves on your special night out together. Anniversaries were special after all, and you supposed a one night break would do you both some good.

You walk silently hand in hand in a beautiful park that was lit by the moonlight and the distant city, and you squeeze L's palm in yours as you smile a little. Words couldn't even begin to describe how much you loved him. Before you were about to express that, Your thoughts are stopped abruptly as L stops walking, and you look up to see you were right on the same bridge where you first met each other, and he brings you over to the edge of the beautiful iron railing as he delicately kisses your cheek.

"(y/n), I have something to give to you."

He says as he snuggles you from behind, keeping his hands on yours.

"I thought I told you there were no gifts."

You laugh as you feel him shift closer.

"Oh shush you. Plus, it's more of a sentimental thing. For both of us."

He mumbles as he goes in his back pocket, soon pulling a small golden lock out, along with a small key. It had both your initials carved into it with a small heart around that, and you smile as you look up to him.

"These are exceedingly popular in France. I saw it online, and it gave me an idea. You lock it in the place where you fell in love, and you throw away the key to signify your permanent adoration for each other."

He says as he puts it in your hands, and then places his hands around yours.

"That's so sweet of you."

You say as you turn towards him, giving him a small kiss before you turn back around.

"Well, would you like to do the honours?"

He asks once you break apart, and you smile in response.

"Together."

You state as you squeeze his hands in yours, and he lets out a small hum of happiness as a response. You then turn around while you still were in his arms, and you find a good spot before you loop the golden lock around one of the iron curls, and you both click it into place after you whisper count to three. L then takes the small gold key that went along with it, and he tosses it into the river below as he kisses you on your lips.

"I love you, (y/n)."

He whispers once you disconnect, and you feel him part your hair to one side as he looks at you as if you were the entire universe.

"I love you too."

You whisper as you join your hands together.

"I have another gift for you by the way, and an important question to ask."

He says, and you look up at him as he seemed to grow nervous. He then takes a deep breath, and shifts you closer before speaking.

"(y/n), over the years we've been together, I realize that I love you more than anything in the entire world. Everything about you is incredible, and you're the love of my life. And....Well, I've been thinking lately...And... I-I want to spend the rest of my life with you."