Marry me // Random One Shot

You and L had only just gotten home from one of your friends weddings, and you yawn as you step into your house, kicking off your high heels.

"Well, that was fun...Ish."

You say, while L helps you slip your coat off, hanging it up before he loosens the tie he had on and undoing the first few buttons on his collared shirt.

"It was alright. The cake was decent at least....But I have to admit I was looking forward to coming back home."

He says, and you sense in his tone that he was completely socially drained. L had never been to a huge event such as a wedding before, and you could tell the whole time he felt definitely more than a little out of place. Of course you couldnt blame him, though.

"Thank you for coming with me, by the way. You know you didnt have to."

You smile as you walk with him into your home, just glad to be back and alone at last.

"Of course I did. I may not have wanted to...But I'm your boyfriend..So it comes with the territory I suppose."

He says, and you laugh slightly while you take his slender hand in yours.

"Well let's go take a shower and relax for a bit, okay? I dont know about you but I just want to crash."

You suggest, to which he nods as you make your way over to the bathroom. On the way there, L takes his tie off fully and continues to unbutton his shir, making you laugh softly.

"Come on. Let's get there before you start taking your clothes off."

You softly beckon, taking some towels out of the closet by the door and bringing them in with you.

Once there, you gently turn L toward you and undo the rest for him, before softly cupping his cheek.

"Tired?"

You ask, noticing how he seemed a bit sleepy before he shakes his head.

"No. Just...."

"Burned out?"

"Yes. I just want to be with you and only you for a bit. You know, you're the only person I'd be with by choice."

He sighs, before giving you a gentle but deep kiss.

"I'll go ahead and take that as a compliment. But can you unzip for me?"

You ask once you break apart, and he nods as his hand gently traces up your back, finding the zipper on the dress you wore before undoing it for you.

Finally starting the shower, you let your dress slip off your shoulders before hopping in, letting the hot water run over you. It felt great.

"Care to join me?"

You playfully ask, and not long after he does, just resting his chin on the top of your head and sighing while his mop of raven hair quickly becomes wet.

A hot shower always recharged L's batteries just right, and it was really nice to just relax with him for a little while after such a busy event. To be able to forget about everything around you, and just enjoy each other's company and the lovely hot water.

Normally, if you took a shower together you were occupied with...Other things, but tonight you were doing nothing but silently recharging with one another after a long night of spending social energy.

After quite a long while, well after the bathroom had turned into something akin to a strawberry body wash scented steam room sauna, you step out and wrap up in soft towels before finally changing into comfortable pjs.