Jealous! L x Reader

Please note; this is a continuation of the undercover mission Au, but you dont neccicarily need to read that first in order for this to make sense.

It had been a few months since you were hired on the task force. It was an amazing opportunity to work right under L, and you were hand picked because you were that good at what you do. You were top of your class in detective and law enforcement training, and were ecstatic to be joining the top team in the force against Kira.

In that time, you had become rather close with L, especially since the undercover mission you two went on when you first started. Your relationship was semi-romantic, but never really progressed further than just an interest, skimming dangerously close to 'friends with benifits' territory without fully crossing the line on either side. The absolute most you would do is go to his room after work and spend the night cuddling like you did at the hotel after your mission. Very rarely you would kiss him on the cheek, but casual making out was more common than you thought it would be. Hence the 'close to but not quite friends with benefits' territory.

The point was, you werent official, and nobody even knew about your half relationship that was in a weird state of limbo.

You absentmindedly think of this while you prepare for a detectives seminar you would perform, as part of training for the new people joining the force. Just as you were finishing your power point and index cards, you hear someone walk up next to you, and place a coffee next to your strewn papers on your desk.

"Working hard, I see."

You hear L's voice say, before he sits down next to you.

"Heh, yea. I'm just finishing up. If we're lucky we might get more recruits to work with us."

You smile, and he sips his coffee as he pulls a slice of cake toward him.

"That's good. It is this afternoon after all."

He says, taking a bite.

"Yea. I cant believe it really. I'm excited but nervous, you know?"

You say, finally saving the final version of your presentation. After an hour or two went by, you excuse yourself to get ready to go.

You had dressed sharp, in a well fitted white collared shirt and black pencil skirt that made your hips and waist look great. You also wore some brown sheer stockings and a short pair of heels, putting your hair up in a messy bun to complete. You looked great, but it was modest enough that you still held up a professional style.

Gathering up your laptop and everything you needed for the presentation, you double check that you have everything before you head downstairs.

"Wow (y/n) you look..great!"

You hear one of the task force members say, and you smile while letting out a small giggle.

"Thank you."

You laugh, and see L look towards him with an expression of slight annoyance. Being the only woman on the whole team of men, you sometimes got a little 'attention' from the others, such as compliments, and offers to buy you lunch or a coffee. You didnt really care, usually brushing it off as nothing more than harmless flirting. But since L came slightly into the picture, you never said yes.

Getting ready to go, you pack everything up before leaving to the police headquarters across the city. L would be overlooking the seminar with you, giving pointers on what to mention and how to speak publicly. Of course, he couldn't be there in person, and instead would be seeing through the camera of your laptop while he had a small mic in your ear.

When you arrive, you get to the room and see just how many seats were there.

"Wow.."

You mumble, setting up the laptop and connecting with L in hq and putting the wire into your ear.