Stuck Babysitting

You never wanted to be stuck minding a one year old baby for the weekend. With how busy you were, and how little time you had, it certainly wasnt ideal. But...One of your close friends had an emergency out of town that they couldnt take her child for, and you were bad at saying no when people were desperate. So here you were, stuck babysitting for three days.

L definetly wasnt too thrilled when he found out either, because for one, he wasnt too fond of young children (they were messy and loud, and that ain't for him), and this weekend was supposed to be for you two.

"It won't be so bad."

You say while you absently text your friend, who was on the way over with her kid and everything you needed for the weekend.

"Maybe, but I cant say I'm excited."

He groans, and you sigh as you walk over to the living room, keeping an eye on the door.

"Sorry honey, but my friend was in a pretty desperate situation...It would have felt wrong not to help."

You answer, just as the doorbell rings.

"Ah, I think she's here."

You say, and open up the door to your friend standing there, with her child and a huge duffel bag in hand.

"Oh my gosh! Here, let me take that for you."

You say, taking the big bag and placing it down on the couch in the living room.

"Thank you so much for doing this."

She sighs as she comes in, and you smile while L walks out, getting a look at the child you would both be minding.

"Its no problem at all. Hi there."

You say, bending down and waving to the baby. After she had shown you the ropes of taking care of him, she says goodbye to you two, thanking you perfusley and saying to call if there were any issues.

So here you were, stuck with a baby for the weekend.

After he was dropped off, L spent most of the day just observing from a distance, seemingly quite interested in the small child while you played with him and let him crawl around your apartment. For the most part, he seemed rather easy, which was a huge relief. But L seemed to not want to get very involved, given that he didnt know the first thing about babies, or how to interact with them.

The whole day carried out rather smoothly, while L kept observing and following g you to make sure everything was fine. And it was....At first. You got him fed and ready for bed rather easily, but getting him to sleep was a whole different story.

"Shh..."

You exhaustedly hush at what was now one fourty-five am, while the baby continues to fuss.

"What do you think he wants?"

L asks, and you sigh while you try and rock him gently, completely burnt out, since you originally wanted to get him to sleep at seven.

"I dont know...Maybe he's hungry? L honey, do you mind going to warm up some milk for him? I'm willing to try anything at this point."

You ask, and L nods while he gets up, soon after returning with a small bottle and a pacifier for after.

"Thank you."

You sigh, giving the bottle to the fussing baby. He accepts it, and you sigh while you lean back, relishing in the peace and quiet as you continue to rock him. As he's drinking, he reaches a tiny hand out towards L, and he responds by letting him grab onto his finger.