The Corpse Husband // Part 1

It had been 6 months since Kira won against L. Six months of the pain of losing your boss you had known for years. You think of this as you walk into the cemetery late at night, a blank expression on your face and a box of candies in your hand. You knew the path to his grave by heart now, and you always, always brought some sort of treats for him.

Though his death did hurt you deeply, and you made sure to visit at least once per week, You were never romantically involved, despite what many people thought. You just...loved each other, but not as a couple, for lack of a better description.

You sigh as your thoughts trail off, and you look down at the white headstone as your heart begins to ache slightly.

"Hi L...I brought you some more candy. I finally found the ones you like."

You sigh as you sit down on the cold ground before the icy stone, staying silent for awhile before you sigh.

"I miss you."

You finally say before you sniff, quickly wiping up your tears.

"S-sorry..."

You smile, lightly kissing the box of confections before putting them down. You then pull out a small book from your bag, leaning up against the headstone as you sigh. You enjoyed reading here, especially since it felt like you had company. Taking a deep breath, you open the book and begin to read. You were reading a small romance novel at the time, and figured L might enjoy listening as well, even though in life he definetly wasnt one for sappy stories. You were just at the point where the wedding was taking place, and you continue moving through the words, setting into a more relaxed mood. It almost felt as if someone was with you.

"And as the room silenced and the bride and groom took their places in front of each other, the vows began."

You smoothly say, settling in a little more.

"He took a deep breath, and took his fiancée's hand, beginning his piece.

With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup shall never be empty, for I shall be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness...And with this ring, I ask you to be mine."

You sigh, pausing for just a moment. You suddenly felt... uneasy.

Looking around, you notice the trees had grown darker and almost elongated, and the wind had picked up. Getting a bit frightened, you stand and close the book, tracing your eyes back to the headstone as a strange feeling grows in the pit of your stomach.

"I-I should go home..."

You say, opening your bag to put it back.

But your ankle was grabbed.

Letting out a shriek, you immediately fall to the ground and try to kick off, dropping your book in the process. Finally you get released, and you scramble backwards as your eyes widen, not taking a second before you pop to your feet and run the other way. After a little while, you slow down and take a look back, seeing that a man in a suit was following you in almost a ghost like manor. Feeling tears forming from panic and fear, you keep going, almost tripping numerous times along the way. Eventually, you find yourself on a small bridge, panting and sweating in the bitterly cold evening. Frantic, you shoot your gaze every which way before you calm down a bit, seeing nothing in the otherwise normal evening in the silent cemetary.

"M-must've...just been my imagination..."

You sigh, easing up a little. When you turn around, you find yourself almost nose to nose with the same suited figure, making your heart almost stop.