Personal Bodyguard // Part 1

A/N : small headcanon for this one. I personally feel like L would have a thing for women who could kick his ass in hand to hand combat. If he saw you in action either in training or taking on an opponent, especially if you were defending him, he would find it badass and hot as hell. When/if you happened to be training together and won against him, his thoughts would run rampant on why that makes him so goddamn hot and bothered, and why he has the HUGEST CRUSH all of the sudden.

~♡~

You were hired almost five years ago now, as a personal bodyguard for the worlds greatest detective. The job was normally pretty easy, and only really included you shadowing him when he went somewhere, or making sure the seldom public appearances he did would go smoothly and without interruption.

To be honest, your job only really got serious when Kira sprung up, and L had no other choice than to go fully public. This made it get a bit more dangerous for him physically, because not only did people now know who he was, there were Kira worshipers out there that would want him gone too, which meant there was a higher direct threat.

You think of this absently while you train your police and martial art combatives skills in a local gym meant for exactly that, figuring you should be brushing up now that you were sometimes on serious defense of L.

"Keep your form and look for that opening."

The person training you says, and you nod, wiping the sweat from your brow a little while you try and keep focused. You were currently doing disarming methods, such as getting a knife out of someone's hand or keeping yourself and L safe from a possible firearm. It was difficult due to your smaller size and stature, but that also posed an advantage in some cases. Such as this, to be exact.

Thinking of how you were going to take advantage of an attackers opening, you finally go for it at the lower body, ducking under his swing before swiftly kicking the wooden knife out of your trainers hand and going in for the finisher, quickly and perfectly executing a takedown maneuver, pinning them to the floor a second later.

"Under arrest."

You playfully smile while you breathe heavily, letting go before getting up and offering your hand.

"Nicely done."

You hear, catching you off guard before you look up, seeing exactly who you were thinking about just a moment ago. That pale skin and raven hair was too characteristic to mistake for anyone else.

"Ah, hey Ryuzaki. Come to visit me while I'm training have you?"

You ask, walking over as you grab your water bottle off the three foot high divider that separated the equipment area from the gym's padded floors.

"Well, sort of. I'm impressed with how good you've gotten at combat, and was interested to come take a look at what training is like."

He answers, looking at the equipment on the sides of the room while you hop up, sitting on the top of the divider.

"Thanks, practice makes perfect. Anyway, how come you're here then? Other than just coming to check it out?"

You ask, getting straight to the point before he looks over.

"I have a public appearance coming up tomorrow that I need you to accompany me on. Just as a precaution."

"Sure thing. What kind of public appearance are we talking?"

You smile, taking a sip from your water again while you swing your legs a little.

"It's going to be on a news network. Nothing too major, but it will have a small audience."