Not just normal brownies // Random One Shot

**should I write a short mature one shot with the same premise? I like the idea of a drunk mature one or along these lines, lmao.**

Finally home after a long day at work, you sigh as you stretch and enter your apartment, taking your shoes off.

"I'm home."

You call out, knowing that L had gotten home shortly before you had. Walking into the kitchen, you put your keys down on the counter and open the fridge, looking for something quick to snack on.

That's when you noticed.

The box of brownies that one of your friends had asked for you to hold on to had obviously been opened.

Normally that wouldn't have been an issue, but for one, they weren't even yours to begin with. You were holding them for a friend while her parents were in town...And well, forgot to hide them somewhere so this exact situation wouldn't occur.

Secondly, they were most definetly not normal brownies. And these in particular were supposedly on the stronger end. Panicking slightly, you step over to the kitchen quickly, hoping he didn't eat any.

Oh God...He didn't...please GOD tell me he didn't...

You think, opening the box to see that two were missing.

Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit....

You think frantically, knowing that not only was that a lot, he didnt know what was in them, or that you even had them. That was already something you wanted to avoid, as explaining why you were holding onto some pot brownies to your boyfriend who's at the top of law enforcement....Well, it just wasn't something you wanted to do.

"U-um...L, where are you?"

You question, quickly pacing into the living room to see him typing on his computer and sipping coffee as always. When he looks up, he gives a soft little smile before returning to work. He seemed completely fine...Right now, at least. That just meant they hadn't kicked in yet. And they would be soon.

"Hello sweetheart."

He says, and you sit next to him before deciding to drop the bomb.

"L honey...Did...Did you eat any of those brownies?"

You ask, and he tilts his head while he pauses his typing, looking over.

"Yes...Why? I had two of them."

"Two full ones?"

You ask, and he looks at you with a confused glance before nodding.

"You think I would only eat part of a brownie?"

He questions, and you shift while you feel yourself beginning to panic slightly, hoping he wouldn't flip when he found out.

"How um...How long ago?"

You ask in a stutter, and he thinks for a second, placing his index finger to his lips while his deep eyes trace to the ceiling.

"Maybe fifteen or twenty minuets..? Why do you seem so concerned anyway? I'm sorry if they were yours."

He says, and you take a deep breath.

"Promise you won't freak out..."

You begin to mumble, and he looks fairly puzzled, slipping his arm around your waist before you speak.

"They were for a friend...But honey...They aren't...Just normal brownies."

You say while you nervously massage your hands, and he shrugs, dropping another sugar cube into his cup.