Jealous!L x Reader

You and L were just at the grocery store one particularly gloomy afternoon - looking for various snacks and different odds and ends, as you let yourself completely run out at home. Reason being is that L really hated going for groceries for some reason or another, but it had to be done. (and hey, he can choose the sweets at the very least.) As you nonchalantly walk isle to isle crossing off things on your list, you were finally in the last place you needed to be before you could go. While you looked for the things you needed, you happen to notice a recognizable individual just a few metres away, looking at a box of extra spicy Ramen noodles while he absentmindedly blew bubblegum bubbles.

You knew him right when you saw him. Dark ash coloured hair, icy blue eyes, and slightly punkish clothing with beat up and untied black converse.

"Noah? Is that you?"

You say, a small smile forming on your lips while you take a step closer. He turns around not a moment later, and he smiles ear to ear once he sees you standing there.

"(y/n)!"

He almost yells as he puts the box down, rushing towards you before he wraps his arms around you and spins you up into the air effortlessly.

"It's been so long since I've seen you! How are you doing?"

He asks as he delicately puts you down, and you giggle softly before you hug back.

"I know, its been too long...But I've been good, you?"

You ask as you back up, making him put on his characteristic smirk.

"Well, I've been aright, but better once you showed up."

He smiles, making you giggle lightly as he keeps his hands on your waist. Not long after your boyfriend sees this, he clears his throat as he slips his hands on you and pulls you back just a little, but not too much. It was just enough for you to be out of the other male's grasp.

"(y/n), who's your friend here?"

He gently asks as he looks up for a moment, secretly glaring daggers which you didn't notice.

"Huh? O-oh! Of course! This is Noah. He's a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in awhile. And Noah, this is Ryuzaki, my boyfriend."

You say, snuggling into L's shoulder playfully.

"Boyfriend you say..."

He says, only in a small mumble while he looks him up and down briefly.

"Awwe, Well, I suppose that means I'm outta luck."

He says, bringing his hand to the back of his head while you can't help but let out a laugh. You feel L tense behind you at the comment, and you look backward for a moment before you giggle lightly.

"He's only joking."

You whisper, trying to be reassuring...But your boyfriend didn't listen or didn't care, because he had made it clear that you were his by locking his arms around your waist and pulling you back into him. That certainly was out of character, considering you weren't only in public, but in the middle of a grocery store.

L's POV:

I watch (y/n) as she talks to her friend, and soon enough my eyes trace upward to this person she knows so well...but whom I never heard about.