L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 2)

A few moments of pure shock later, you slightly get your bearings and place your hand on your tummy. Apparently your baby wanted out early, and at the worst possible time too. Covering your mouth, you knew any second your contractions would begin. Beginning to panic, you pull out your phone before speed dialling the hospital.

After you had them on the way as fast as possible, you call L as you try to take deep breaths.

"yes honey?"

You hear his cool and soothing voice say, and you take another deep breath, preparing yourself to break the news.

"I can tell you're tense sweetheart. What's the matter?"

He then says, taking you out of focus.

"A-ah-I um...L...my...m-my water broke."

You mumble, not expecting those words to fall from your lips so easily.

"Your WHAT?!"

He asks, and you begin panicking again.

"T-the hospital is coming to get me... can you meet me there?"

You say, trying to stay calm as you take deep breaths, while your abdomen started to hurt.

"I'm already on my way. I'll be there as fast as I can sweetheart. Please hold on...Take deep breaths and try to stay calm. I promise I'll be there for you honey..."

He says, obviously more panicked than even you were.

"O-ok."

You stammer, hoping the hospital would be there soon. After not long at all the nurse arrives, and swiftly helps you to the ambulance that was ready to take you where you needed to be.

~♡~L's POV~♡~

After I had gotten off the phone with (y/n), I drop absolutely everything and call a car as soon as possible, as well as a police escort so I could get to the hospital sooner. Whoever decided to call me in today would have a lot to make up for.

After no more than two minuets of waiting that felt like an eternity, I was in the car and on my way to be there for (y/n) and our baby. When I finally do arrive at the hospital, I frantically ask the front desk where my wife was, and they don't even finish thier instructions before I practically run there. Once I finally get to the room (y/n) was in, I was completely exhausted and a worrying mess. Before I can get further however, a doctor's assistant stops me.

"Ah-Sir, I'm afraid you can't enter the delivery room at this time."

"What? That's my wife (y/n) in there!"

I answer, and the he shakes his head.

"I understand, but we don't want to put Mrs. (l/n) and her body under any more stress. You only will have about an hour to wait before you get to meet your new daughter."

He answers, and I put my hand through my hair as I sigh.

"Ill make sure that you'll be the first to be notified and allowed in once the baby is born."

He then says, and I nod as I slowly make my way back to the waiting room.

I knew this would happen. I'm so sorry (y/n)...