L x Reader // Headcanon questions

who is more into taking showers/baths together?

He is likely never going to explicitly admit it, but L loves sharing a shower or bath with you. He enjoys the intimacy of it, however it never needs to be sexual at all. When he realized how much he liked sharing that kind of time with you, you came home one day to your bathroom getting an impromptu remodel to get a bigger shower and bath, because how else would you both be able to comfortably fit?

When you finish in the bath/shower and are going about your normal evening, many times you'll be surprised with a towel being randomly dropped over your head and two gentle hands drying your hair - regardless if you've already done it or not. He enjoys it when you do the same thing for him, and returns the favor to you because it's reciprocation - which from what he understands is fundamental in a successful relationship.

♡Who would be more likely to cheat?

God forbid, but neither of you. To L, the thought of another man giving you any affection, let alone pleasing you....It makes him sick. And as far as he's concerned, he sees no reason and has absolutely zero desire to initiate a relationship with anyone other than you, and intends to keep it that way for as long as you happen to be together.

If you ever did become unfaithful to him, it would absolutely crush him, but regardless of how much it hurt him to do so, he would confront you about it immediately. If his suspicions were confirmed, he would become completely numb, and hide that his heart was completely shattered in his chest with an icy cold monotone front. After the numbness fades, it would be quickly replaced with anger, wondering why you would take the time to break down the walls he has built around him just to leave him broken.

♡Who is more concerned over the others safety?

100% L. He wouldn't really want you anywhere near the task force building if you weren't an agent on the case, and has you saved under an alias in his phone and everywhere that has even the tiniest chance of someone seeing. Despite the strain it may cause, he'd rather you be safe and alive at a distance than nearby and in danger.

When it comes to you, of course you do nothing but worry about him all day until he comes home. His job can be quite the mystery to you at times, and all you want is for him to get back to you in one piece.

♡Who insists on paying for everything while out on a date?

Its no mystery. L has money, and he doesn't really spend it on himself, so he has no issue using it to spoil you rotten. He usually will insist on paying for any date, and only sometimes does he allow you to win the argument if you want to foot the bill at least once.

Random gifts are also a common occurrence, and you'll usually find them on the bed or anywhere that he knows you'll happen upon it. You always know they're from him - the messy wrapping (if it even is wrapped) along with a sloppily written (y/n) on the top of it is always a tell. Gifts from him always include anything you've been eyeing in a shop window for the past few weeks, or online wish list items, or things you left in the shopping cart from a 'just looking and adding things to my cart but I'm not planning on actually buying anything' spree.

There's never any particular reason nor is there a motive behind his gifts, and he never expects anything in return. He just likes to give you things, however you try and thank him in any way you can...Even though he is insanely difficult to shop for. A box of nice chocolate or French macarons are always welcome though.