Lovesick

~♡~This one shot is written from L's POV~♡~

It was very early Fall, in late August. The air had a nice chill in the morning, the leaves on the trees were ever so slightly beginning to shift, and the weather was beginning to cool off from the relentless heat of summer, thank God.

The day started like most, with the small morning ritual of coffee, breakfast (which consisted of a slice of cake), and checking the news for anything related to Kira cropping up. Today, I would be booking a hotel for the day to meet the task force that has signed up to join the investigation. From my knowledge, it was going to be a small team, but a team nonetheless.

Getting prepared after I shower and get dressed, I make my way to the hotel and check in, taking a quick look at the time before I make my way to the small living room in the neat hotel. Only about 20 minuets and I'll no longer be fully anonymous to the world. While waiting, I decide how to open when they come in. If they introduce themselves by name, I'll take that as an opportunity to teach them a lesson about working on the Kira case that they should get comfortable with. Never reveal your name, and don't trust anyone.

When they do arrive, they introduce themselves, exactly how I would expect. The team consisted of five detectives, four of which were men. One by one, I put my hand into a finger gun and 'shoot' every one, reiterating that if I were Kira, they could have been dead.

I then aim at the last one, but I fall silent as my eyes fall on her, and I let my finger lower without meaning to. Something was...Off, immediately. I couldnt find my words, my chest felt tight, and to be honest, I froze.

"U-uh.."

I manage to stutter, and she tilts her head at me, which made me feel almost a roller coaster sensation. What was this feeling? I've never felt anything close before. Was it...My intuition in some form? I had no idea.

Quickly shaking the feeling and regaining composure, I clear my throat as I forget about it and introduce myself as L, and lead them into the living room while I begin to explain what is known so far about the case. Eventually after things are explained while I occasionally glance over at her, I tell them that I would interview each of them separately to ensure that none of them are Kira.

Of course, (y/n) (l/n) was the first detective to be interviewed on my list.

"U-um, Ms. (l/n), you're first, if you dont mind. Come with me."

I stammer, walking to the small dining room that was out of earshot from the other detectives.

I then clear my throat as I open up her file and take a seat, and she sits across from me before I look up briefly, feeling my hands getting slightly clammy while she smoothly crosses her legs.

"S-so, (y/n) (l/n). Officer and detective for 5 years, graduate from your hometowns police academy..."

I trail off, scanning over the page while she shifts just a bit.

"Tell me, when did you hear about Kira, and how?"

I ask, and I see her visibly think while she hums lightly. My heart was beating fast. I didnt like the feeling one bit.

"...Probably on the news like everyone else. That and through my department, since all detectives and officers had to be notified as soon as it became more than just rumours."

She says, and I nod while I lose my train of thought while I looked at her file, snapping back in a moment later. Losing focus isnt something that ever happens normally either.

"What are your opinions on Kira?"

I then ask quickly, and she sighs as she looks to the side.

"It's....Hard to say...While yes, crime rates are decreasing, and statistically people are less likely to be criminals since Kira became more of an urban legend...But personally, I dont think it's right, and we need to stop this before it gets out of hand. If it is a single person, they're just as bad as the murderers and criminals they're punishing."