L x Pregnant! Reader

A/N:

HOOO BOY I ENJOYED WRITING THIS ONE. ITS LONG SO WE GOT A TWO PARTER ON OUR HANDS HERE!

-Galaxy Cats 🐱

~*~

You were pacing frantically around your house, positive pregnancy test in hand. How would you tell him? Were you even ready for children? Did L even want any right now? You think of this as you contemplate taking another to make sure, but you knew that chances were you were indeed pregnant. You felt sick in the morning, have been slightly more moody lately, and on top of that you've been eating the strangest things together. You then dart your eyes down to the small piece of plastic momentarily, and you take a deep breath as you study the lines. You knew that you both wanted children eventually, but the question was: how would he react to it being so sudden? He should probably had seen this coming. He was the one who...Never mind.

Just before you can begin planning for what you would say, you hear the door to your home click, followed by someone coming in.

"Sweetheart, I'm home."

You hear L call out as he comes into the living room. You immediately hide the test behind your back as you lean against the kitchen counter, and you take a deep breath, preparing yourself to tell him.

"H-hi honey."

You stammer as he enters the kitchen, and he tilts his head slightly as he places his index finger to his lips.

"(y/n), is something wrong? You're acting strangely."

He says as he walks over to you, placing a hand on your waist. Of course he could tell immediately that you were hiding something.

"W-well...There's something I just found out today that I need to tell you."

"Yes...?"

"Um...Y-you remember a few weeks ago when we..."

"Mhm..."

He hums as he inches closer, probably already predicting what you would say next.

"Well I...Here."

You say as you hand the test over to him, and he looks closely at it before he darts his eyes back to you, seemingly surprised and almost scared.

"A-are you sure it's..."

"Yea."

He spends a few seconds completely still before he smiles almost ear to ear, looking over to you as tears start forming in his eyes. Before any thought process could happen, he had you tightly wrapped in his arms as he kisses your cheek over and over again.

"(y/n), I'm so happy. I can't wait to start a family with you."

He says as he looks towards you, giving you a small but loving kiss.

"I-I can't wait either. I just wasn't sure how you would react.

You say as you smile uncontrollably.

"You know that just today I was going to talk to you about this. We have been married for over five years, I thought it might've been time anyway."

"I'm so glad you think so."

You state as you hug him tightly, feeling tears building up inside you.

"So, what do you think? Are they going to be a boy or girl?"

L asks excitedly as he places his hand on your tummy.

"It's far too early to be able to tell. I don't even have a bump yet. But what are you hoping for?"