High School! L x Reader

It was almost exam week at your school, just before winter break. They started tomorrow, and there was one being held per day for each period, the last one held before break begins.

Of course, the first one you had was chemistry, your worst and least favourite subject. It's not that you didnt try in that class, and didnt care about your results, it's just that marks on assignments and tests never reflected your ability and how much you studied.

You solemnly think of this as you and your boyfriend, L (but most called him riyuzaki), were sitting in the library after the day had ended as he helped you go over your work. He had the same exam coming up, and you slowly follow along to his words as you write things down.

"Now.. this question involves a bit of algebra. If you have a o.76mol per litre solution of HCL and add 25ml of pure distilled water, what's the concentration of H3O+ and Cl- ions in the final solution, Given the equilibrium constant is 1.89×10^-5? You also need to find the pH of the final solution, deciding whether or not its acidic or basic."

((A/N: I'm just pulling out what I remember about my chem class.. these were the type of questions we had and lemme tell u they are h e l l lmao))

He asks, and you write down the balanced equation before solving the problem in two minuets or so. It seemed correct, and you turn your paper towards L as he skims it.

"Good."

He says, and you sigh.

"Its not that I cant do it and get it right, I just... I dont know, on tests I just become worse for some reason."

You sigh, and he looks up, tilting his head.

"I dont know if you'd understand though, you're getting basically 100s in each class."

"I just look over my notes before a test. That's really all you need to do."

He shrugs, and you cant help but let it irritate you that it was that effortless for him.

"Tch. Easy for you to say. I would kill for your grades.".

You mumble, and he looks over.

"You get good marks, (y/n), because you're dedicated."

He says without looking up., and you sigh before looking at him, getting more irritated by the second. He really didn't get the way you felt.

"Dont even try and pretend that what I get is good compared to you. If you got what I usually get on a chemistry test you'd have a stroke."

You almost snap, and he shakes his head before drawing his eyes toward you.

"(y/n), it just comes naturally to me. What can I say? You work hard for what you get, which in my opinion is much more admarable."

He says, slipping his cool hands over yours, which made you less irritated, but you still rolled your eyes.

"Now, let's continue. We only have about a half hour before the library's closed."

He says, and you nod. You then worked silently on chapter summary questions, and you were able to do most of them with little to no help. But for some reason you didn't really want help.

It was so frustrating sometimes having a boyfriend so smart. He was always effortlessly way ahead of you in school while you struggled to keep up, feeling as if you were too low for his standards.

Once the library has closed and you two had to leave, he turns toward you while you shift your heavy bag on your shoulders.

"I'll walk you home, alright?"