L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 1)

The time of year was beautiful. Winter was finally coming to an end, and small flowers were popping up everywhere. You smile as you get out of bed and stretch, feeling refreshed and happy. After taking a nice warm shower, you pull some spring clothing out from your closet, slipping on your favourite high waisted skinny jeans.

What the...

They barely fit around your tummy anymore. A few seconds of shock later, you attempt at pulling them on again, but with no avail. They only could fit your legs. Wondering if you had gained weight, you choose leggings instead and look at yourself in the mirror across the room. You supposed you looked normal and as you usually did, so you shrug it off and venture over to the kitchen for a more healthy breakfast. As you were casually making it, you remembered.

You and L had been extremely...Active, lately. Almost every single night, during the day...and then some. You suppose the sudden weight gain could be because of...

...oh no.

Immediately going out of the house to the pharmacy, you buy five pregnancy tests, and quickly make your way back home as thoughts whip wildly around your mind.

...All of them were positive. Every single one. Covering your mouth as you sit on the edge of the bathtub, thoughts fly around your head as you try and think of a way to tell L of this. You then start pacing back and fourth, remembering back to what he said a few months ago when the subject of kids came up.

"In my line of work it would only be dangerous and a burden to have children. Plus Im so busy I probably wouldn't be able to spend any time with them anyways."

You think of this as you stop pacing, looking down to the test in your hand. Taking a deep breath, you study the two lines. You knew you had to let him know eventually, but...you didn't know how, was the problem. What would he say? Would he be angry...?

As you were thinking, you hear the door to your home swing open, then click back closed.

"(y/n), I'm home early."

You hear L say, and not knowing what to do, you shove the test in your bedside table, walking out into the living room. You can decide what to tell him later.

"Welcome home."

You say as you wrap your arms around him momentarily, and he accepts the gesture lovingly.

"How was your day sweetheart?"

He asks as he backs away, brushing your hair to the side.

"G-good."

You answer, and he tilts his head as he looks towards you.

"Is something wrong my love?"

He questions, placing his index finger to his lips.

"Ah-um, no. Not at all. I'm just surprised to see you home so early."

You stammer, and L smiles gently as he kisses your cheek, and you sigh with relief that you successfully got around him.

...for now.

A few days later, you were getting ready for bed in the washroom, and finally step out as you dry up your hair from the hot shower you took a little while ago.