[24] ✽ Painful Happiness ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Louder Than Bombs ●

"So...what happened?"

Jungkook crossed his legs and asked almost as if the topic was nothing hard at all. You bit your lip, uncertain if you should confront him or give him an excuse. Looking at him, he was still waiting for your response.

"I-"

You opened your mouth to speak when your boss suddenly yawned loudly, his voice cutting off your voice as you gave him an incredible look while he looked unfazed. He rubbed his eyes and blinked before looking at you with droopy eyes.

"You were saying?"

"I was saying that-"

Automatically you stopped when he released another yawn, cutting your sentence short. He sat up straight on the sofa and rubbed his face before giving you an apologetic look.

"I am sorry miss Yuna, looks like I am quite tired today. Anyways you were saying?"

Was he serious? After cutting you off two times with his yawn, he still asks you to continue?

You scoffed and looked at the wall instead, wanting to punch it so bad because you felt really frustrated at the moment. Although you understood your boss was tired, he had totally insulted your feelings as well.

He was the one who digged into your personal life without any permission then acted like he was innocent. You felt hurt and angry but decided to give him a chance to explain because he urged you to talk to him.

Then sitting down to hear your conversation, he didn't even care to feel bad for yawning two times which showed how he didn't give much care about your feelings.

If he didn't care then why should I?

"Miss Yuna?"

With no more pity, you gave your boss a cold and straight look before faking a smile.

"Its nothing you should be concerned about sir. You look tired so I urge you to go home and have rest."

Jungkook didn't expect you to say that and he almost argued but when he felt his muscles groan in pain, he realised you were right and that he needed rest.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes sir."

"Well then, I'll take my leave. You should also leave soon miss Yuna."

You bowed at your boss who looked glad that he could go home early. Almost scowling at him, you continued to fake a smile until he left the office cabinet and you slumped on the chair, dejected.

How can someone be so dense?

You have never seen anyone so stupid and dense than Jungkook in your life, ever. Even though everything was right in front of his eyes, he could not understand their meaning unless someone explained to him.