[61] ✽ Official Orders ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Permission to Dance (R&B remix) ●

You didn't know how to react. But the words repeated like a string of chant words in your head until you felt your head go dizzy.

"About my son. Jeon Jungkook is officially getting married."

And before you know it, you saw black and felt yourself falling to the ground. The world went dark and still but you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around your falling body and someone calling out your name before you lost your consciousness.

Maybe it was because you only ate nuts yesterday and skipped your breakfast today morning, only drinking coffee before meeting such circumstances that you used up all your energy. Maybe that's why you fainted all of a sudden.

You stirred from your slumber, coming to consciousness as you peeled open your eyes and quickly shut them because the light hurt your vision. Nothing made sense to you for a moment and you felt empty. Lost. Before you heard some noises around.

"But I told you father I don't like her!"

Like who? You wanted to ask but your throat was parched and no voice came out. The familiar voice turned out to be Jungkook's who sounded so distressed.

"Lower your voice Jungkook and I am aware of everything."

Another voice spoke sternly and it took a while for you to understand to whom it belonged.

"But you don't understand. She has nothing to do with my job or behaviour so why are you doing this to me, to her?"

"Whether she is a part of this or not I don't care. It's been months and I noticed you need a better assistant who can keep your head in the company."

Were they referring to you? You recognized the voices as Jungkook and his father but their conversation was too weird for you to understand or focus on why they were arguing.

"Father the marriage itself is a fraud. Why are you bringing my job or my assistant in this?"

"Are you calling me stupid? Do you hear yourself Jungkook? Never did you talk back to me, all this change because of a silly girl?"

"She is not silly-"

"Enough. I will not have this talk here again. Do not forget the reason I raised you."

Silence prevailed for longer and you could not pretend to sleep longer. You heard some footsteps around and thinking they had gone farther, you slowly opened your eyes.

But to your surprise, Jungkook's handsome face came into your view.

"Are you awake miss Yuna?"

You screeched and rolled away because of the surprise, "ah- yes. I am sorry for the reaction."

He chuckled, "it's okay. Are you feeling better? You had passed out in the hallway so I carried you inside."

You glanced around and was relieved to see that both of you were in his cabinet. This office had become your second home and you felt safe being here so you nodded. Even the expensive sofas were becoming like your personal bed now.

"A bit."

Jungkook seemed tired and hesitant, his eyes looking everywhere except you.

"Before I forget sir, what happened yesterday? You suddenly left and I was worried but could not reach you up."