[62] ✽ Confronting Him ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Danger ●

The world was spinning around you. You never felt more lost than now. Today didn't seem to go your way because everything was conspiring against your weak heart. Seriously.

What is going on?

First, you got late to office which was understandable. But then you see Jungkook's father who tells you about his son's marriage all of a sudden. Then you faint which is a rare occurrence. Seokjin has been acting weird with his anger all the time and you haven't seen him since the encounter before.

And Jungkook. Thinking about him pained your heart. Out of all the puzzles you wanted to understand and solve his problem first. Why did he seem so sad before? And what did his constant apologies mean? Why did he suddenly fire you from your job?

A knock on the door surprised you and a girl entered whom you recognized as the girl you were previously talking with this morning about the meeting and Jungkook before you received the series of shocking news.

"Miss? Mr Jeon is looking for you, please head to the Executive office."

Your attention piqued up.

Jungkook wanted to see you? Maybe he wanted to tell you his mistake and clarify the truth. Somewhat excited you immediately followed the girl who led you to the office and you eagerly knocked on it.

Twisting the door you headed inside, hoping to see your boss but to your dismay, only Jungkook's father was seated at the table alone. Nevertheless, you greeted him.

"You called for me sir?"

You wondered why he had not left the office yet or if there was any work to do here. He nodded you at a close-by chair and you bowed, sitting down on it. Then Mr Jeon cleared his throat.

"You passed out before so did you get some rest?"

"I did, thank you."

You smiled but he did not. Instead, he glanced at your dishevelled self and looked away.

"Was it because of the news I gave you? About my son's marriage?"

Your smile became forced and you felt yourself go rigid with the blunt question. How did he assume such a situation was out of your understanding.

"No, it was certainly not sir. I had skipped my meal this morning and was late so running might have drained me."

"Not only do you not eat well, you even come to the office late?" You felt your hands begin to sweat, "how can an employee be so irresponsible?"

Somehow it felt silly. Like Mr Jeon was searching for a reason to scold you when it was all nothing big matters. It was your first time being late today and since the meeting was cancelled, no damage was done. But you bowed your head.

"I-I am sorry sir. I will try to be more responsible."

"Apology will not help my company gain the loss with your reckless behaviour. Don't you realise how your position as the assistant of the CEO is influencing?"