[54] ✽ Mission Successful ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

Note: In this chapter, there are two Kim families seen. Let me clarify it this way:

[1st Kim Family]
»Mother- Kim Na Ri
»Father- Kim Hae Joon
»Son- Kim Seok Jin

[2nd Kim Family]
»Mother- Kim Ji Ah
»Father- Kim Ji Hoon
»Daughter- Kim Eun Ji

I hope this will help solve the doubts since there are many 'Mrs and Mr Kim' mentioned here. Please ask me if you have more confusion and enjoy!

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS (Suga) - Interlude: Shadow ●

You gulped.

Jungkook had his gaze pinned you on the spot and it seemed like an eternity before Seokjin cleared his throat to catch both your attention on him.

"Do you guys need me out for a bit?"

No, you silently pleaded but feared to speak out. Without Seokjin it would be harder to face your boss who looked more serious than anytime you saw and you were scared.

"Yes."

To your horror, Seokjin nodded and left the two of you alone as he headed for the door. You stared at him in disbelief. He should be normally helping you or protest against Jungkook but he was quietly leaving without any word.

Why?

Like he heard your mental question, Jin nodded in your direction like saying 'good luck and left, shutting the door with a small click. With no hope, you turned around again.

"Mis- screw that. Yuna, we need to talk. Could you take a seat here?"

You didn't dare to make any eye contact or any noise but quietly headed where your boss pointed on a soft couch and felt the piercing as well as the judging stare of your boss.

What was he now, scrutinising you?

"About before," you subconsciously held the cushion more tightly in your hands, "I am sorry."

"What?"

"I said I am sorry."

You didn't get it. Like predicted he was referring to the moment in the car but why was he apologizing? Does he feel like he was leading your feelings or something?

"W-Why. . ?"

You didn't finish your question but he understood it and only sighed, crossing his arms and leaned back on the chair.

"I realised that I was too harsh when I shut the car door. I probably frightened you right? Especially when you just woke up."

You blinked.

Relief filled your body, glad that he was talking about shutting the door hard, not before that. But deep inside yourself, you felt disappointed and somehow upset. Was he ignoring and pretending not to feel like it happened?