[19] ✽ Swings ✽

{new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Dynamite ●

A long sigh escaped from your mouth as you blankly stared at the flicking computer screen in front of you. The day was not over yet and you hardly had any task left to do.

After Jungkook apologized to you, he started giving most of your works to Yeonwoo and barely gave you anything to do except for sorting out his schedules and meetings.

How boring.

Life had never been this boring since you started your new job in this office. The pay was really good but it felt as if you are doing something forcefully and not what you wanted to.

Am I even working hard enough to earn this good? Is just sitting called hard work?

Like you are not working hard enough to earn so much if just sitting around and moping in your seat did not count. You wanted to help your fellow workers but your boss was being really peculiar as he kept you away from any work.

When I said I had a lot of works, I did not mean I wish that all of it just disappear like that.

Being ordered around like a robot or being treated as a mere assistant, that was not what you expected your dream job to be. But what could you do? Life never turns out the way we hope.

"Miss Yuna..?"

How nice it would be if you could quit this job and start your own career as an independent lady. You could start with something small and earn happily without being under any superior authority.

But you knew that for the time being, you needed to think logically and support your mother because she is always working and her health could get deteriorated more.

"...meeting later.....cancel..."

You continued to daydream oblivion to the other person speaking to you while thinking of any other possible job you can do if you happen to get the choice to leave this company.

What would you work as? A café worker? Too simple. A florist? But they don't earn much. A shopkeeper? Thats too boring again. You pouted subconsciously as no job could fit your independent mood of both earning well and being happy.

Well, maybe for now you can just keep working here for a while.

"Kim Yuna."

Your eyes widened and you gasped as a pair of brown orbs stared back at you seriously. Jungkook was standing right next to your computer and was silently staring at you daydreaming. Then a question hit you,

How long did you daydream that he was looking so serious? Did he say something important?

"I-I was j-just-"

"Miss Yuna?"

"Ye-yes s-sir?" You gulped and stuttered when you heard his deep voice.

"Do I pay you to just sit idly and daydream in my office room? Or do you have some works to do?"

You bit your lip, fear spreading inside your mind as you processed his words. It was true that your boss was not paying you to just sit like this but you also had nothing more to do.

"I-I..No s-sir."

"Then what are you doing right now?"

"I-I finished all the works so I had nothing to do sir. And it was really boring so I was thinking about something else."