[46] ✽ Being A Friend ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Heartbeat ●

"Kim...Eunji?" Jungkook repeated unsurely.

You shook your head, pacing the room again. The worst thing was yet to happen. After Jungkook told you everything about Seokjin's situation, you dreaded that the other Kim family was Eunji's.

Out of all, why did it had to be hers?

You knew that hoping it was someone else was useless because you already met her father back in high school when she was caught bullying Sora. He was oddly calm that day but his cold glare made it obvious that he despised you for reporting against his daughter.

"I-I think it is another family miss Yunaㅡ"

"Oh really? Like what?"

You didn't mean to sound sarcastic but you did when your boss only tried to help you feel a little assured. But that couldn't do anything for you now. You can be anything but calm after learning about this news.

"Eunji's family has an industry in the city of Busan, marking their company among the top 10. Her parents reside there to look after the work but Eunji came to Seoul to study and is settled here because she didn't want to take over the business. Instead, dreams of being an influencer and a fashionista. I met her parents once and trust me, they are not likeable people."

Jungkook quietly listened to you talk about your ex-classmate and waited for a moment before he popped the question.

"How do you know so much about her?"

You didn't blink, "we used to be friends."

"What....happened?"

You didn't want to recall what happened because it didn't mean much but has always hurt you deep inside your heart.

"When Eunji first came to Seoul in my school, she was a loner. I befriended her and we hung out, more than often. Soon we were best of friends until that day."

You took in a shaky breath.

"Eunji never told me about the group of friends she had and would secretly meet them behind the school. I would never mind her having other friends but they were bad company. They smoked, influencing Eunji."

You closed your eyes, clutching the table in front of you strongly. The blood seemed to stop flowing because your hands turned pale white with your pressure.

"You don't have to tell me all these."

"I need to. Eunji had kept it secret for a year and I never knew, being the dumb friend I was. But when I found out the truth, she began lying and blamed me for trying to ruin her reputation. Ever since we are no longer friends and she usually hangs around with her group of friends who bully other kids."

Releasing a shaky breath, you felt your heart slightly lightening with the burden of the past you had been carrying alone all this time. No one, even Sora didn't know about this because you hated being vulnerable.