[73] ✽ Like or Love? ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS (Rap Line) - Tear ●

Jungkook regretted it.

Every decision he took which led to this disaster was enough to trigger a tsunami of guilt inside him. He paced outside the hospital, unable to stay still.

It's because of you. She is in there Jungkook.

As much as he hated that taunting voice it was not dissolving and constantly reminding that because of his coward decisions, he had endangered your life including everyone else's.

"I don't pray but if there is any God up there, please save her."

Only if he had known about how dangerous Eunji was, then he would have tried to do something. Jungkook had no clue, even stupidly stopping his best friend who was doing their best to save him but he was dumb.

Your smiling image appeared in Jungkook's head, the way you gorgeously caught every eye at the party. Before the horrible scenes occurred and now, your dress was stained with dark blood, tears streaming your face as you struggled to stay alive.

"Jungkook," a hand rested on his shoulder before he could react, "take a seat."

Seokjin's mother was still here, waiting in the hospital with everyone. She oddly looked calm and collected despite everything which confused him.

"How are you-"

"So calm? Because I know she is a stubborn fighter. Despite my warnings, she wanted to help you escape this marriage. You are lucky to have her as a friend."

As a friend.

Of course, both of you were nothing more than friends. But Jungkook desperately wished he could change that now. He had always liked you the way you were, fresh and authentic. Not seeing you for some days was hell for him.

"Do you. . ." Mrs Kim hung on her words and Jungkook raised a brow, "be honest. Do you love Yuna?"

The question caught him off-guard.

"W-what-?"

"Can you answer a simple yes or no?"

She seemed to be impatient and Jungkook swallowed, not knowing what to say. He knew he liked you, a lot, but love? It seemed much bigger and overwhelming.

"No."

"Really? Can you swear to your mother and tell me you do not love Yuna?"

Jungkook swallowed again. Why was she asking this question to him anyway?

"But why-"

"I know you heard my son confess his love for Yuna when she got shot. Don't pretend to be oblivious Jungkook, I saw it all. And I also know that you are bothered by it."

Yes, it was true.

Jungkook himself saw his hyung confess to you and that moment was heart-shattering for him. He always knew Jin liked you so why was he not happy for his best friend? All he felt was a burn inside his chest, like suffocation and a bit of envy.