[53] ✽ Accidental Or Not? ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Your Eyes Tell ●

You were sleepy.

Fighting a yawn releasing from your mouth inflated your cheeks chubbier and made you look like a small kid in a kindergarten class. Wiping a tissue over your mouth for any trace of drool, you tried your best to keep your eyes open.

"Didn't you sleep yesterday?"

"Couldn't."

You heard Jungkook chuckling from the driver seat as he drove his car and you wrestled your head on the backseat headrest, finding it hard to relax and take a nap without literally straining your neck.

It felt like it could be snapped in half.

You closed your eyes, lowering your head and rotating left to right in repeat motions, hoping the stretch would somehow help you. But to your irritation, the stress didn't decrease one bit and you badly wanted someone to help massage your stiff shoulders.

"Just hang in there, we will soon be there."

Jungkook tried assuring and you only hummed with your eyes closed, hoping to get a short nap. The ride was not bumpy or troubling but it was not easy to relax inside a car. Thankfully the seatbelt strap across your chest helped you not to hit your head against the car window and door whenever there was a turn.

Your boss was talking softly about something and you heard only half bits because your mind focus was terrible, considering how anxious you were the whole night and didn't spare a wink.

Now I regret not sleeping properly.

"I still don't understand why. . ."

His soft voice was the last thing you heard and despite your will to not lose consciousness, you started falling asleep.

Jungkook found it weird when his assistant didn't answer him and he glanced through the rear mirror, surprised but glad to see you resting. He could not help but eye your straining position and wished to help you settle but driving was his main task at hand.

Why do so much for someone who hurt you?

Jungkook could not understand your behaviour and stubbornness to help him or Seokjin out. In many ways they had only wreaked havoc in your life yet you stood your ground, willing to help them till whatever your limit was.

Heck, you even came out of your comfort zone which was peculiar.

"Why do something so foolish?"

Jungkook won't lie, he admired that brave side of you. He never met someone like his assistant and it was new. But he also thought it was kind of stupid because no one does so much sacrifice for others without wanting something in return.

So what did you want? The secret he was trying to hide from you? Were you helping them only for that reason? He wondered if once the truth was out, you would hardly remember them, him.