[28] ✽ Resignation ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS (Suga) - First Love●

"I heard rumours that she is secretly dating our boss."

"Really? I thought she was dating Mr Kim?"

Some gasps and whispering were heard, "So it means she is playing with both of them? What a girl."

"Shhh! She might hear us, we are literally behind her."

Too late.

You already heard their gossips crystal clear. It took all your might and will not to turn back and give a piece of your mind. You learnt many things like when you reprimand them, they bite back with extra rumours.

Second, when a rumour spreads it never loses easily. Instead, it circulates around with more things you never knew of and are usually fake.

Third, they were keen on insulting the person to the point they had to resign but you hoped this won't happen for yourself. Although they were jealous, you knew it was nothing good.

You reached the office on time, grabbing some coffee on the way and determined to complete the project you were stuck on last time and try having a final meeting with the staff.

Your boss was still naivé as always but you bothered less because he would never understand your feelings. Entering the office cabin, you were surprised to see your boss already inside.

"Good morning sir, you're early?" You murmured, curious why he was here right now.

"Oh miss Yuna, good morning."

He barely answered and went back to his work. Giving him a small glare you walked towards your table, peeking at his actions every two seconds.

It looked like he was gathering some file and searching for some. You sighed, knowing that it would take him the whole day because it was you who arranged all his files.

"Do you need help, sir? Please tell me what you need."

He didn't bother turning around but answered,

"No thank you, I can handle it."

For a moment it was hard to say if you should trust Jungkook but when he exclaimed a yelp of joy, you decided to leave it and focus on your work.

You started grabbing the necessary stuff for the meeting and presentation before his voice disturbed you.

"Miss Yuna?"

"Yes sir?" You asked, not caring to look up as you were busy.

There was a small silence and you somehow felt a hesitation from his side. Looking up, you noticed how still Jungkook was holding a new file which you had never seen until today and cleared his throat.

"I have something to say."

Your instinct kicked in and your heart started beating faster but you didn't know why. Is it because you were nervous? It was probably the hope that he will tell you everything.