[37] ✽ Another Threat ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Run ●

"Um..."

There was a long awkward silence stretching on between the two of you as both individuals tried to think of what to say.

But with no hope, you ending up leaving your sentence half-spoken as you glanced at your boss who was standing beside you. He also looked quite uneasy and unused to such a situation.

Come on Yuna, say something! Why are you suddenly speechless near him?

You didn't know how to find an answer for your brain throwing such questions at you. Testing the fact that his presence did not affect you, you opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Are you okay?" You looked at your boss, surprised to see him worried about you, "Did they hurt you in any way?"

His eyes glimmered with softness and concern which could melt your heart in a moment. However, you distracted your attention to the question he just asked you.

No, you wanted to say. They hurt me and my pride way too much, you wanted to confess your pain to him. But taking up the harder choice you only shook your head.

"No...sir. They didn't hurt me."

He still gave you a worried look despite hearing your answer as if he was searching for something else on your face. With a sigh, he looked away and began walking towards his seat.

You released a breath of gratitude and looked around, noticing how nothing had changed in your boss's office. There was, however, one problem.

"Um, sir. Where is my table?"

"Your table, miss Yuna, is here."

You turned around, trying to locate where your boss was pointing before you noticed it. There was a newer set of black-coloured table and chair along with a computer set fixed on it.

"But why is it more closer to the window?"

He chuckled, "I thought you might like the view so I arranged it nearer to the window."

You wanted to ask him to put your table in the old place where you used to sit before but once you caught a glimpse of the city of Seoul from those french windows, you couldn't help but be amazed.

In the broad daylight, the sun was shining brightly over the whole city, glasses shining like stars due to the reflection of the brightness. It was indeed an amazing view.

"Thank you."

You highly doubted if you could concentrate on your work with such a magnificent view right beside you but you decided to just go with the flow.

Keeping down your bag, you sat down on the bouncy chair and turned on the computer. Once it was switched on, you looked into the settings in hopes to clarify all needful resources and settle the accounts.