[50] ✽ Getting A Little Closer ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Permission To Dance ●

New week, new day and new life. Why could you not afford any of these together at once? After your plan of meeting with Eunji failed, a new week had come quicker than you expected, meaning that you had to meet with Seokjin's mother today.

"Okay, I can do this. Nothing hard, just talk it out smoothly."

You chanted, repeating to yourself because, in reality, you were extremely nervous. Seokjin was from a rich family and being looked down on by such people were a given fact. You were scared if she would intimidate you or even insult you for trying to help her son.

"Yuna? Are you done, honey?"

With a knock, the door opened and your mother entered your room. Her eyes gleamed with pleasant surprise as she took in the new appearance of yourself.

"Well look at this. Are you this is my daughter? Because I can't seem to recognize you at all."

"Mom stop it."

You grabbed the small shining studs in your hand, contemplating if you should wear them or not. Behind you, your mother walked up and patted your dress softly.

"You look, beautiful honey, you definitely need an upgrade in your daily outfits now."

"Funny but not happening. I need to impress Seokjin's mom today so I am wearing this dress."

She nodded, "I heard about it. I just wished you didn't have to prepare yourself so much just to meet a person be it rich or poor. Your clothes never defined the fierce stubbornness you have."

You chuckled but it was true. Why were you this much scared and unsure when it was just a meeting? You meant as a friend and nothing more so dressing up felt too extreme.

Right. My charms are enough.

"Okay, mom. I need to change, could you please make a cup of cold coffee for me till then?"

"Alright. Be quick."

With your mother leaving, you quickly headed to your closet and grabbed another set of outfits. It was a pair of grey jeans, a white blouse paired with a beige coat.

Soon enough you were ready and more comfortable in your new clothes which looked semi-formal as well as respectful. Eyeing the piece of formal dress you wore before, you shook your head.

"How could I forget about my dignity and go around dressing for people I never met when I don't even do it for myself?"

Talking to yourself, you grabbed a pair of black heeled boots and arranged your make-up. Your hair was sprawled open and you couldn't help but smile at your reflection in the mirror because you actually looked good.

Screw good, you looked beautiful and modest and that lifted your mood. The memories you spent with Jungkook before dressing up at Sora's wedding floated in your head.