[33] ✽ Complex Decisions ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Tear ●

You knew it.

Before hearing the news you knew that something was wrong and it was about to stir some trouble. Muttering some more curse words in your head, you looked out of the window while waiting.

Pedestrians were walking around, trying to reach their destinations on time while some small kids were running around, laughing. The weather was perfectly good but here you were, scowling at nature.

It was the same view you had seen before with Sora but unlike last time, you were not excited. None at all.

"Miss Yuna."

You looked up, trying not to glare at the woman who greeted you with a big smile like she did nothing wrong. Giving her a fake smile, you stood up and bowed at her for formality.

"Please, have a sit. Would you like to have anything?"

"No thank you. I don't have any appetite since I got the news that my best friend's marriage is getting cancelled."

You gave her a sweet smile, sarcasm and anger evident in each word. She looked uncomfortable at first before laughing, knowingly shrugging off the topic.

"Well, that's unfortunate. I was hoping you would like at least a glass of water or juice?"

"Thank you but I don't like juice nor am I thirsty," You slightly leaned on the table, "Besides I don't have time to waste. Let's get to the topic please."

Mrs Choi looked like she was guilty for a moment before she pulled on a poker face, nodding at your suggestion.

"As you wish Miss Yuna. You must be knowing why I called you here today, right?"

You nodded, "Given the circumstances and sudden news, I could not help but force myself to come here."

She didn't change her expressions but you could clearly see how agitated she felt with your every sarcastic response. Oddly you enjoyed annoying her, remembering how hard Sora had cried when she got the news.

"Right. I firstly want to formally apologise for such abrupt decision but it could not be helped."

You gave her a blank stare, uninterested in her fake apology.

"Reason?"

"As I said, it was due to some unavoidable circumstances and necessary change."

"I see. Getting a new contract is more important than the promised one right?" You asked, blinking at her innocently.

Her eyebrows twitched and you would not be surprised if she lashes out on you for being so irritating.

"It's not like that Miss Yuna, I assure you that-"

"Cut the nonsense, Mrs Choi. Excuse me if I sound rude but I have a gut feeling that all this is just a show tied down to your nephew."