[30] ✽ Fervent Agony ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Sea ●

Silence.

That was what surrounded you and the tension in the air felt like it was obligated to make you feel so much uncomfortable.

After your brief introduction to Seokjin and Mrs Choi about how the two of you knew each other, she was quite thrilled and ushered you to go with him and spend some time together as well.

So here you were sitting inside his car as he silently drives next to you. Sora was still passed out like a log in the backseat and you wished she was awake to save you from this situation.

"So..." You glanced at Jin who did the same before clearing his throat awkwardly and focusing on driving again, "How is life?"

You rolled your eyes, giving him an unimpressed look that seemed to make him feel embarrassed.

"Life is life, what do you expect?"

The sarcasm in your voice was evident and you didn't felt good having such a bumpy friendship with someone you expected to be a good person.

Are we even friends at this rate?

You sighed, knowing that was a hard question. Seokjin was a good person and you knew because he was trying to help someone despite his injury when you first met him. That was why you didn't expect him to do something low like checking your background and keeping tabs on you.

"I am sorry." You whipped your head towards him in surprise.

Did he know that you already know everything? Was he finally about to admit it all? He gave you a wary glance and a small smile.

"About your job. I heard from him, the disagreement between the two of you causing you to lose your job."

Right.

He was talking about your long lost job rather than what you wanted to know about. Maybe they still don't have any idea about it yet.

You shrugged, "Firstly, I quit my job not the other way. Secondly, there was no disagreement, he was behaving like a possessive kid. What kind of boss keeps his assistant in dark when he hired her to do his works?"

It was weird why you ranted out to Jin but now that it was done, you felt a little lightened. All this time Seokjin kept a cautious expression and you expected him to retort back since they were friends.

"I think you are right." His words surprised you for the second time today as he continued, "As a boss, he should not keep anything from you, that's not how it works."

You almost snorted, knowing that his words sounded ridiculous considering how he was also keeping things from you. But his expression remained hard and you wondered if he ever felt guilty.

He gave you another glance, an emotion glinting in his eyes which you could not comprehend. He opened his mouth but closed it, as if wanting to say something more but was hesitant. Then he turned away making you frown.