[35] ✽ The Offer ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Make It Right ●

You couldn't believe your ears.

The first thing which came to your mind when Seokjin pulled up the offer was that he was teasing or making fun of you, probably because you no longer work here.

But his eyes never left yours and you could see how serious he was at the moment, meaning that he was not joking around. Then the next question came.

Why?

He cleared his throat loudly, never looking away as he emphasized his words again.

"I mean it Yuna. We want you to come back and work like you used to do before."

You still kept quiet despite his eyes conveying the urge that you needed to say something but what could you say? This was the last thing you expected to hear or be offered when you came here to meet them.

The two males made eye contact once more and you didn't care to guess their silent conversation. It was obvious that they were confused with your current calmness.

"Why?"

That was the first and only word you asked after a few more minutes of a quiet atmosphere. Seokjin looked surprised but answered nevertheless.

"We have a lot of reasons to explain our decision but at the moment, please do as we say."

You chuckled a bit before laughing out loud after hearing the answer. The two males looked at you in confusion as you doubled over in your seat and continued laughing for a while.

They eyed you, wondering if you heard anything wrong or something happened to you. Jungkook slightly moved towards your side to help you but backed away reluctantly when you noticed his closeness and glared at him.

"That was a good joke Seokjin. Now be serious and tell me why did you call me here?"

"I am being serious miss Yuna."

He emphasized his words, slightly annoyed which was a rare sight to observe. You nodded mockingly, still not accepting it.

"Ah, I see. So you want me back to work for this company without any reason and I, like any sane person who was shamefully insulted, will accept it wholeheartedly."

Your mocking voice seemed not to deter their annoyance much like they almost anticipated it and you chuckled bitterly again.

"I know it's hard to understand but you need to co-operate with us."

"Why should I? When I am being treated unfairly like a servant, being emotionally blackmailed, why should I be the one to compromise?"

You gradually raised your voice higher with each word, making sure to mark out your unhappiness to them. They quietly watched you from their seats and you suddenly questioned yourself if you harmed Sora's marriage in any way.

•𝐄𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚• ||「 𝐽𝐽𝐾」✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें