[40] ✽ Let Go ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Let Go ●

"So he helped you?"

You nodded, sipping the juice before keeping the glass back on the table. Sora made a face of a frown before she pouted, the action almost making you pinch her chubby cheeks.

She looked at you unsurely, "and do you trust him now?"

"I won't say I fully do but yes, now that he has helped me but Yeonwoo behind the bars, I am starting to trust him."

The incident happened yesterday but it felt like it occurred a long time back. All this time, your boss had made sure to keep you safe and protected. He was with you during your visit to the police station and even offered to do all the works himself.

You were thankful but it was your case so you did the paperwork yourself with the help of some officers and all day, Jungkook was beside you with his support.

"Even though he and Jin kept a secret from you?"

You took a moment to think before nodding, "yeah I guess so."

"Well, whatever you do I just hope they won't break your trust again."

You didn't answer but looked towards the painting hung on the wall of Sora's house. It was a painting of a blindfolded dancing girl, dressed in pink ballerina clothes. A man stood behind her, holding her arms out and it seemed as if the girl was trusting the man to lead the dance.

Though you had visited Sora's home a lot of times, this painting seemed to always puzzle you because of its abstract meaning. You had already asked her the meaning of it but she always denied telling you, saying that the time was not right.

"Do you know what that painting means?"

You looked at your best friend, startled before shaking your head, "no because you never told me. Care to tell me now?"

"Yuna," Sora shook her head before smiling, "as I have always told you, I'll tell you when the time is right."

Like expected.

You frowned but had no choice than obeying her words. You were curious and the mysterious meaning behind that painting was something you never felt before so a little patience was all you needed.

Then you felt a warm hand hovering above yours and raised your brow.

"What's wrong-?"

"I don't know how you do it."

You were confused, "do what?"

"This. Despite being hurt and torn all the time, you find the strength to smile and say you are fine. You never show your weakness to anyone and I have never seen anyone stronger and more stubborn than you."

Taken aback at her random confession, you gaped at her. Times like now when Sora become wise and mature always surprised you and you deemed it was due to her marriage nearing.

"What are you saying Sora? Stop acting so mature."

You joked but her face remained ever serious and her grip on your hand became more urgent.

"You are still trying to lighten the tension but I know that you were startled when this happened to you. I am so sorry that I couldn't be there for you when Yeonwoo tried to attack you. As you friend I feel so guilty and ashamed."