[15] ✽ Reasons ✽

{new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Louder Than Bombs ●

Ring ring ring.

Ring ring-

Without any hesitation, you immediately cut off the incoming call and plopped your phone into your sling bag. You smiled and gave an apologetic look to the person sitting in front of you as she sipped her beverage.

"Is he still calling you?" Sora asked while keeping back the coffee cup on the table.

"Yeah and I just ignore it like always. What about you?"

You asked softly while slowly twirling the handle of your leather bag. Sora shrugged before chuckling and speaking up,

"What about me? I ignore him too and-"

"You know that is not my question Sora. How are you feeling these days?"

You cut off Sora and asked more gently this time inorder not to make her sensitive to the topic. It had been weeks since she last met with Yoongi and her condition was not good at all.

Sora had locked herself up more than usual and would hardly be responsive to any of your attempts to make her happy again. It was as if she forgot how to smile genuinely anymore and though she hided it, you knew she was still not over it.

"I am fine."Sora huffed out dully while avoiding any eye contact with you.

Sigh, how much more will you lie to me Sora?

You asked yourself inwardly wishing that Sora would open up to you. Since the incident, she hardly told you anything about her true feelings. You understood that she was insecure, hurt and all you wanted for her was if she could tell you something so that you could help her.

She had shut off everyone outside her cold behavior and it was really hard to get through it. As her best friend, you did not give up and were determined to break down her walls.

"I know you are not okay Sora and I can understand so you don't have to lie to me."

You smiled at her hoping that she would smile back at you but your heart felt a swirl of pain when she turned to face you, showing her red teary eyes.

"Do you?"

Sora asked as she sniffed and wiped her warm tears away, trying real hard to be tough but miserably failing to do so. You automatically reached out and held her hand, caressing it with a message of encouragement to say it was okay to cry.

But what you did not expect was a harsh tug from Sora. You looked at her surprised with her sudden change in mood while she scoffed and asked,

"Do you really understand my pain? Have you even once, gone through a painful breakup like I did, twice?"

You opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out. You were speechless as of what to say to console your best friend. Seeing your confused state Sora chuckled bitterly before replying again,