[59] ✽ What happened? ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Whalien 52 ●

You had no clue what was happening around you. First, you were making fun of your boss losing the game with Seokjin while munching on the roasted almonds you won and out of the blue, the two men were playing fiercely against each other with so much vigour you had never seen before.

What had possessed them?

It was starting to terrify you, how serious they became with the bet and urge to win. You saw Seokjin who transformed from his playful self to an intimidating person as he ruthlessly played. Next was Jungkook who to your surprise, was also playing so seriously.

Should I stop them?

But they looked too engaged that you were afraid to disturb them. Their concentrated faces seemed to be the reason. The shopkeeper seemed to only be interested in the money he was earning today, giving you a wink before turning to the game.

"And it's over! This handsome guy is the winner for the second round."

Seokjin grinned while raising his fists in the air. Jungkook grunted and looked away, glaring at the ground. They had planned to play a total of three rounds out of which, anyone winning two rounds would be the winner. The first round was won by your boss and the second by Seokjin.

So it only meant one thing.

The next round was going to decide who would be the winner and whom you might grow awkward with because you had to kiss him according to the weird bet. But you had no plan on fulfilling that criteria since none of them asked your consent and you were not ready for all this odd stuff.

"Gather around men. This will be the last round meaning the winner would get the girl's heart!"

"Excuse me-" you choked on your saliva and started to correct the mistake of the owner but another voice overruled yours.

"Let's go!"

Seokjin seemed to be over-excited because he just won. Only if you had such confidence in life as well, it would make things easier. You glanced at your boss who was quiet as he prepared himself for the game.

His phone began to ring and he quickly checked it, putting it away as the game started. You started to grow nervous since the game was moving at a fast pace and you had no clue what the result was going to be.

Don't overthink now, you told yourself as you watched the men play. Throughout the round, Jungkook seemed to be distracted by his phone which lighted up every few seconds in his hand. You wanted to ask if everything was okay but stayed still.

"Alright last throw guys, good luck."

Seokjin threw the loop and it caught the spot he needed to earn his point. He grinned happily and gave you a thumbs up while Jungkook needed to throw the ring on a double point spot to win else it would be a tie.

He threw it but before anyone could react, Jungkook checked his phone and with wide eyes, he started running away.

"Sir- Jungkook? Hey?"