[68] ✽ Beauty Standards ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Dimple ●

"I am still not comfortable."

You mumble as you adjust your dress.

"You look absolutely stunning Yuna, I guarantee you."

You tsked and look at the mirror again, trying to find anything that looked odd. The woman in the reflection was adorned with light and standard makeup that Seokjin had forced you to wear from the beauty salon. The hair you always left loose and rough was smooth and curled beautifully. You liked them.

The dress was another thing now. It was magnificent and pretty. The dress was midnight blue. It had a thin strap with a decent neckline before coming down to your waist albeit tightly. Then it flow down to below past your knees, above your ankle and had a small slit till your knee in the front.

With this was a pair of silver strap heels that you wore to match the dress. Everything was plain, simple and you liked that you were not being forced to do something too extreme. Wearing a dress was a new experience after a long time since Sora's wedding so you bought a small-sleeved white cardigan to cover your arms.

"I guess it's okay. But you didn't have to buy you know, I could pay."

"My plan to go, my money to spend. Stop worrying about these things and tell me how do I look?"

You turned from the mirror to see Seokjin standing in a black tux. It was like the basic gentleman suit you see on television but with his styled hair and handsome features, Seokjin looked outstanding.

Expensive was the best word.

Every part of him screamed 'costly' and you would feel like you were not worth standing near him. But with a grin, he stands next to you in front of the mirror and points at the reflection.

"Oh look! Such a lovely Kim couple."

You snort, looking back at the mirror. Indeed both of you looked amazing, like a dazzling couple. You know Seokjin was teasing you but his confession from yesterday was still fresh in your head.

"I love you Yuna and when the time comes for me to choose between you and the world, it will always be you."

Your eyes met Seokjin's in the mirror and they were filled with excitement, hope and yearning for you. It was crystal clear. Like he was hoping you to accept him right now or maybe it was the fact that the big plan was tonight.

"We look like those con artists that pretend to be rich and in love but rob a costly painting and flees."

"What?"

"I saw a similar movie." You shrug.

Seokjin smiled and turn to give you a crooked gaze, "I guess you can say that. I have already confessed and joked about us being 'Kim couple' so Jungkook is like the rare painting which we will rob tonight, from the hands of Eunji."

He winked and you feel your heart flutter. Somehow he turned your lame joke into something that sounded true. What, was your life going to be like a movie now, filled with guns and action? You shook your head and laugh.