It's Now Or Never

I was sitting in the headmasters office my leg bouncing up and down with nervous energy and biting my nails while the birds are chirping loudly outside the window and i so wished to be one of them birds and fly away from the trouble I am in.

Miss Swan rang my mother and it seems like it's been hours since miss Swan put the telephone back into its holder why telling me I was being collected. I wondered who would collect me mum or dad and I was kind of hoping it would be the housekeeper Dot so I had a bit more time to prepare myself to face the music. I knew my punishment would be greater than my crime. They think I skipped class to smoke a joint with a boy when really I slipped class to talk to a boy. I know I shouldn't of skipped class but my crime wasn't really that bad.

There was a knock at the door and I was that scared I felt I could faint at any moment.

"come in." miss swans shrill voice shouted and I was shocked when i seen Paul walk in.

"ello I'm here to collect India."

"I thought one of the child's parents were going to collect her as I would like to talk to them about what occurred today."

" I'm afraid they were to upset to collect her so I can pass on any message to them when I leave her home."

Paul hadn't even looked at me at all and I know that means he's to angry to even face me and this is worse than I can imagine when my Paul can't even look at me.

" please inform them that she is suspended for a month and that I'm very disappointed in her."

"suspended are you serious? All I did was skip class"

"thats enough young lady you are in enough trouble."  miss Swan shouted

"I will let them know. India let's go" he said coldly still not looking at me.

I walked slowly behind him and the only thing I could hear was my heart beating rapidly and sitting outside miss swans class was Dylan.

"what happened?." he asked. making Paul turn to stare at him

"I got suspended for a month."

"man that's harsh even for miss Swan"

"not harsh enough if you ask me." Paul said coldly

"I gotta go. Bye and good luck Dylan."

Paul looked at him his eyes which usually show so much warmth and love were cold and angry as he realised that dylan was the boy I was with.

We walked the rest of the way to the car in silence and when I got into Paul's car I let out a sigh.

" I guess you think you have been victimised huh?."

"actually yeah I do."

"you skipped class with a boy to smoke pot. I think you got lucky with only a month suspension. "

" I skipped class yes and yeah I was with a boy but I didn't smoke anything."

"you were caught with it in your mouth India. What were you doing holding it for a friend?."

"wait wat?."

"yes miss Swan told us everything so you can't lie."

"I'm not the one lying she is. I never touched the drugs never mind have it in my mouth."

"so your headmistress is lying on her student and why would she do that?. I could think of a few reasons why you would be lying now."

"she is lying and maybe because dad had a argument with her when he discovered the girl bullying me was her daughter."

"i think you are scrambling to get yourself out of trouble."

"I'm not. I have never lied to you Paul. When heather was causing all that trouble I told you from the start even when you didn't believe me I still told you the truth. Even when I knew I wouldn't be believed I still told the truth and this is the same all over again. Its me telling you the truth and you not believing me yet again."

" it doesn't mater if I believe you or not. what matters is what your parents are going to say. "

" it does matter if you believe me as your my uncle and I love you. We have a bond like no other. like I lived with you for months. You showed me happiness when my life was so unsettled so yes your opinion is so important to me. "

" well for what it's worth I don't know why miss Swan would lie but I can see why you would to try and get out of trouble. "

" so you don't believe me?.

"I'm sorry but no I don't."

"thanks Paul. Its nice to know you think so highly of me that you would think I'd lie right to your face."

The rest of the car ride was in silence as I cried. If Paul didn't believe me I just knew that dad wouldn't believe me either and his temper has always scared me and I have been mentally fragile for a while and I knew that what was to come was going to be horrible.

Paul stopped the car outside my home and my whole body was shaking with fear or anger or maybe both.

"that's for your belief and support Paul you have been amazing as always." I say sarcastically while exiting from his car and slammed his door and stormed towards home and when I reached the door I took a huge breath and thought to myself in the words of elvis presley it's now or never.