truths are revealed

"What are you doing here ?" John shouted

" I wanted to see you son"

" well I know the last time you saw me I was a school kid but I'm a grown ass man now I don't go to school so again why are you here"

" I wanted to be a part of the family again"

" too late"

" I want to get to know my grand daughter she is a feisty one just like your mother"

" I don't want you any where near my daughter do you hear me and don't you mention my mother again."

" look son I know your angry but a lot of time has passed can we not leave the past in the past and move on"

" don't call me son and I have left the past in the past and you belong In the past so get out "

" I did not mean that"

" I really do not want to lose my temper in front of my daughter so please go"

" Please I just want to know about my grand daughter "

" if I tell you about myself will you leave us alone"

" yes"

India went and stood next to her daddy an grabbed his hand

" I'm called India like the country I'm 13 and I have a younger sister called Hollie and she is a brat. uhm I hate school it is a waste of time but daddy says I have to go I have 3 uncles called Paul George and Ringo and I love chocolate. my favourite person in the whole world is my daddy he loves me so so so much and he makes me happy I think I will always be a daddies girl. I don't like to see my daddy hurt which is why I want you to go and never come back daddy doesn't need you he has me ill look after him and I can love him more than you ever could and ill never hurt him like you did. I don't need a granddad because my daddy is the only boy I need so please go"

" your a smart little girl and I can see you love your daddy very much one day your going to grow up and see that things are never as simple as they seem"

" don't patronise my daughter she is very smart and I'm totally honest with her she knows everything about my childhood so don't talk down to her with things are never as they seem bullshit you left and never returned plain and simple even when mother died you still never returned"

" I was at sea its not a 9 to 5 job you cant just tell the ship to turn around and drop me off"

" you were awol you ran off you weren't even man enough to stick it at sea so yeah you could of came back"

" well you really do know it all"

" yes I grew up living with Mimi she doesn't exactly hold things back"

" that ole witch hated me from the moment I met your mother"

" she wasn't a bad judge of character"

" oh but she is she never knew me how I was brought up you have a chip on your shoulder because I walked away both of my parents walked away from me. I was in care when I met your mother I was a bit of a rebel always had a bit of a bad reputation but I never done well in school so I tried to make up with a hard man reputation but your mother saw straight threw it and saw I was a softie she was the wild one she was always up to mischief but mimi could never see that the blame was always put on me. I went of to sea and yes I went awaol but the drink took a hold of me and nothing else mattered but once I sobered up I returned home but your mother had a relation with another man while I was away and that resulted in her having another child she was given up to the salvation army I heard so after that I went away to sea again and once again I could not stay of the booze as night time when at sea revolves around booze gambling and birds but I came back but your mother had moved on had met a new man and was  pregnant again and she was living with him so I knew all hope for us was gone. I went to Mimis house as I wanted you but she would not even let me in threw the door apparently I was not good enough to have you my own son. I tried for weeks to even be allowed to see you but you know what Mimi is like she is stubborn to the core. She wanted you from the second you were born and she was determined that she would have you by any means possible and she got what she wanted after being turned away week after week and the Stanley sisters all standing strong all strong in the main purpose that I wont get to see you I admitted that I was not strong enough to fight them I knew id never win so I walked away and now I'm here and your old enough to make up your own mind"

" wait I only have 2 half sisters Julia and Jackie mum just had the two girls with twitchy"

" yes but she had another child before them I believe it was a wee girl but Mimi made her give her up for adoption as having a baby when she was still married to me was not the reputation mimi wanted Julia to have so she made her give her up I think the girl was named Victoria but her name could of been changed but she was pregnant when I saw her"

" why was I never told about this? why did mother never tell me I had another sister?"

" your mother was probably ashamed and upset that she had to give her up. Julia always put the brave face on"

" daddy are you ok? are you sad?" India asked seeing the hurt on Johns face

" I'm ok princess I'm  just a bit in shock"

" can you go now you have made my daddy sad"

Alf walked towards John and handed him a piece of paper

" that's my contact details if you ever want to talk and I hope that you do"

With that he walked out leaving a lot of hurt and confused in his wake