were just friends... right?

" Daddy don't make a big deal."

" Dont make a big deal India the guy was in school taking drugs and you decide this is the kind of guy you like of course its gonna be a big deal. This isnt really the type of guy im going to approve of India"

" I know daddy but i dont even know if he likes me and we are just friends."

" Just promise me that you will be careful. Just dont fall of this guy because he happens to give you attention."

" i promise you i wont."

The rest of the night was uneventful as we just chilled out and relaxed and watched tv and i tried to take my mind of the fact that i have to face the press tomorrow and the thought of it is giving me anxiety."

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up to the sound of my alarming screaming which felt like it was making my ears bleed. I groan and turn the annoying alarm off. All i wanted to do was to roll over and go back to sleep but i knew that my mother would never allow me to have another day off. I was just going to have to face the music.

" are you awake." my mum shouted

" yes im up"

I was really dreading today. This was my first day back to school after being suspended and this was going to be my first time having the press wanting me to speak to them.

I got up and did my usual morning routine and made my way into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast.

" How are you feeling? are you nervous about today?"

" yes mum i am really nervous because its the first day back after being suspended and i have the face the press."

" when dealing with the press do not answer there questions and dont stop for pictures. Just keep walking and ignore them and if you keep doing that they will learn they wont get anything from you and will leave you alone"

" Ugh i just wish everything was back to normal and i can be just a regular schoolgirl again. I dont know any other 14 year old girls having to go threw all this."

" I know its hard but sadly its going to be apart of your life now because of your last name."

" Sometimes having this last name is hard but im also so proud to be a Lennon. Its so confusing."

I got up of the kitchen stool after popping the last bit of toast into my mouth and i  groan.

" ugh i gotta go or ill be late."

" well good luck and mal will be taking and collecting you to school until the press decide to leave."

" ok mum. Bye and tell dad i said bye when he wakes up."

" i will sweetie."

I leave the house and see Mal sitting in the car awaiting my arrivial and i jump into the car and sit in the seat beside him.

" Good morning Mal. Please tell me there isnt that many reporters outside."

" well i could tell you there wasnt many reporters but i would be lying."

" ugh Mal this is awful biut i suppose we better get it out of the way."

Mal began to drive slowly as to make sure he doesnt hit anybody and as we get closer to our gate i see a sea of cameras all pointed in my direction.

" oh my god Mal i never expected there to be this many people here."

" your a lennon you are going to get attention."

" i wish i didnt all i want is to blend into the background."

The car slowly passed the gate and suddenly we are surrounded by reporters and there cameras are all flashing. My eyes began to water with the camera continuous flashing and the car seemed to be at a stop.

" why arent we moving Mal?"

" they have us surrounded i cant move or i knock into someone."

" what are we going to do?"

" i really dont know"

The reporters were now shouting questions at me like " Why did you hit Heather McCartney"  " is it true you pulled a knife on Heather?"  " i see you have inherited your dads temper India"  " is it true you were caught in school shooting heroin in the bathroom?" " where did you get the heroin?" " did your dad supply you with heroin?" "were you high when you attacked Heather?" " is that why you attacked her? were you in a drug fueled rage?"

" This is madness Mal where do they even hear such nonsense.. Ive never taken drugs in my life"

I knew the press was not going to be a pleasent experience but this was just awful and i could hardly take it anymore and i started to cry.. When i began to cry the press then took more pictures of me.

" Get out of the way before i run yous all over. Dont think i wont do it. Yous vultures are making a young girl cry and yous should be ashamed of yourselfs. Now move" Mal shouted out of the window.

The car moved forward inch by inch while the reporters took the hint and moved out of the way finally allowing us to drive away.

" thank you Mal that was horrible."

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence as i needed time to collect my thoughts and compose myself again and get myself ready to face yet another lions den called school.

I walked into the school corridor and i felt everyone's eyes on me. I knew that I was going to be the topic of everyone's gossip today.

" Hey welcome back trouble."

I turned to see Dylan standing smiling at me and my heart did a flip. He was truly beautiful with his floppy brown hair and beautiful eyes. India snap out of it. He will never be interested in you.

" Are you ok? You seem to be in another world"

"Oh I'm fine I just got lost in thought"

" So how was your suspension?"

"It was actually eventful which I'm sure you have heard about"

"Yeah I heard about that and remind me to never get in a fight with you as I'm sure you can kick my ass" he said laughing making you laugh along with him.

"Well I am a Lennon fighting is in my DNA"

" Well apart from your boxing match how have you been. I missed seeing you at school"

"Wait you have missed me?" I asked blushing

" We of course we're friends aren't we?"

"Yeah friends of course."

Truth is I would love to be more than just his friend but he just doesn't see me in that way.

"Oh look the criminal is back at school. The drug taking fighter is actually showing her face again like she has no shame"

Here we go my first encounter with the school bullies.

" How can she even bare to show that ugly face after attacking that poor girl"

" Why don't you just leave her alone. Yous are attacking her so yous are no better."

" Aye look at you protecting your girlfriend."

"She isn't my girlfriend not that it matters yous need to just leave her alone."

" Awwww she looked so disappointed when you said you weren't her boyfriend haha awww does ugly India have a crush on the school stoner how fitting. They said laughing while walking away.

"Don't listen to them there just pathetic losers with nothing better to do."

" Thank you for sticking up for me. They truly are horrible."

" No problem that's just what friends do."

India felt herself falling more for this super sweet boy they were just friends and will have to keep reminding herself of that.