I want to meet your family

I was lying in bed thinking about Alf and the fact that I now have another Auntie that I have never met. I have never met any of my family from Liverpool and my daddy does not really talk about his family.  Alf is the 1st member of dads family I have met and that did not go well.

I began to wonder why I or my sister have never been apart of the Liverpool family. Did his family know he had 2 daughters?. Do they want to meet us?. Why have they never travelled over to see us?. Why is daddy so quiet about them?.

" ello sleepy head what are you doing in bed still at 10am?" mum asked me coming into my room and opening my curtains and windows letting some cold air enter my room.

" was just thinking" I reply with a hint of sadness in my voice

" hopefully you were thinking about cleaning this room young lady it Is a tip".

" no I was thinking about Daddies family".

" what about his family".

Cynthia sat down on the edge of the bed sensing a lot of questions coming her way.

" well why have I never met them?".

" that's a hard question that I have no excuse for. Your daddy is not overly close to his family he loves them but he has no desire to travel back to see them."

" Do they know about us?".

" oh yes they know about you's both and have been sent pictures".

" why have they never came to see us if daddy doesn't want to go over there".

" I am not sure hunnie its just something that never happened".

" now get your butt outta bed" cyn said leaving her room

India made her way downstairs in her pjs and her hair all askew

" ello me princess"

" hello daddy"

" what are you wanting for breakfast?".

" can I have coffee like you?".

" no you can not young lady. You are far to young for that stuff".

" but daddy all my friends drink coffee".

" I don't care your not. The last thing you need is caffine that is for sure".

" ok suppose I will just have cereal please"

" ok monkey I shall get you some"

" daddy"

" what".

" how come I have never met any of your family?".

John turned around shocked at the sudden intrest in his family

" well there is so many people who would want to meet you and it would be to many people to entertain and to deal with."

" but I have aunties I have never seen and I have family I know nothing about and now I have only met Alf"

" one day you will meet them. Maybe someday I will bring Julia and Jackie over so you can meet them"

" I would love that Daddy. Will I ever meet Mimi?".

" oh I doubt that. I would not put you threw having to meet her. "

" But Holly had met them all when you took her over. Why cant I meet them as well."

" its complicated"

India sighed her insecurities were coming back. Lately she has been feeling very unloved and unwanted. She has noticed everyone pampering Holly and she has been practically ignored. Ever since the reappearance of Alf she noticed her daddy has been distant and now he doesn't want her to meet his family when Holly has. Its because he is ashamed of her she knew it. She is a teenager now not the cute little kid and now Daddy is ashamed.

" its ok It doesn't matter just like I don't".

" what do you mean by that?."

" I mean that I don't matter I never have done"

" you know that's not true. I don't know where all this is coming from you know that you matter so much to me"

" oh yeah I mean that much I cant even meet your family"

India stood up and stormed off leaving a confused John in her wake

" I think my little girl is turning into a terrible teenager"