school morning jitters

I was sitting in the kitchen eating my cornflakes and feeling half asleep and dreading the day ahead.
This was my first day back at school after being suspended and after having half of Britain and probably the world gossiping about me. I can't help but think that if they really knew who Heather was and what she is like then the world will be praising me instead of judging me.

"You look deep in thought". Mum said snapping me away from my thoughts.

"I'm ok".

"Are You worried about school today?".

"Yeah I am. I'm not exactly popular as it is and I know this whole situation will make my life so much worse."

" Do you want to stay of school just for today and have a day with me and your dad and have abit more time to fully prepare yourself.?"

"I'm thinking that maybe I should go and apologize to Paul. I know that this whole situation has put him in a tricky situation and that he is stuck in the middle. Even though I'm in the right and I don't regret a single thing I think maybe if I apologize to him it might ease the tension for him and make things better but I won't apologize to heather because I'm not sorry for hitting her."

Cynthia began to look awkward and looked like she was thinking about what to say.

"Well that's very sweet of you and it takes alot of strength to want to apologize to him but I'm afraid you can't."

"Why not does he not want to see me again?. I knew this would happen eventually. He's finally had enough of me."

"Calm down. it isn't that India."

" Then what is it then?."

" Well he and Linda and Heather are in Scotland they went for a holiday to get away from all the press."

"Oh wow she really is getting rewarded for being a brat isn't she. She creates all this drama and she gets taken away from the mess she started and I'm left to face the lion's den.. It's not exactly fair."

"I know it's frustrating for you but there just doing what they think is right. And I know this is going to be hard to face all the press and to deal with them but we will all help you threw it."

" I don't want to face them mum. I get bullied enough I don't know if I can handle any more."

" I'm keeping you of school today and you can have a chill day with us and we will face them all tomorrow."

"Thanks mum".

John walks into the kitchen looking sleepy and his hair all askew

"Why aren't you in your school uniform? your going to be late." He asks

"Well mums given me the day off to help me prepare to face the press."

"Why do you need time to prepare? You just ignore them."

" I haven't faced anything like this before and since Paul has whisked Heather away to Scotland all the attention will be directed to me and I just don't feel I can deal with it today."

"If you don't deal with it today the problem will still be there tomorrow. Sadly you will have to face them someday as they won't go away."

" I know and I'll face them tomorrow I promise I just don't feel mentally able today."

"Well then I think a father daughter day is just what is needed."

I don't know why but the thought of being alone with dad just fills me with dread and makes me feel awkward. We haven't spent any time together in such a long time that we have emotionally drifted apart from each other. I also think that maybe this is just what is needed to reconnect us again and I think that is what I want and mainly what I need.

" Yeah I think that would be nice. Only one problem we can't leave the house so what will we do?."

"You'll just have to wait and see princess."