Fathers day Dinner Part 2

We haven't even had a chance to eat our starters and Heather is pushing me to the point that I may be the reason for a world war 3. She is being obnoxiously sweet to dad and it makes my blood boil because she is doing it for a reaction from me and I might just give her what she wants.

"so Uncle John what do you think of people drinking underage?." Heather asked

Oh here she is again with another loaded question that has no other purpose than to make me look bad.

" well I think it's something we all do. I know I did. It's just a part of growing up for some of us but I wouldn't recommend it."

"well how do you feel knowing your daughter was a state on her birthday? . You must of been ashamed of her I know Paul was. Oops I wasn't meant to say that."

Wait Paul was ashamed of me? Is she telling the truth? Well Paul isnt denying it so i guess Paul was ashamed of me and that hurts alot

" Heather to answer your question was I happy about India being drunk? no I wasn't. I would never want to see my daughter in that state again but look at who she has as a role model and look at the state I was in on her birthday so I would be a hypocrite to punish her. Heather everyone will make mistakes and I hope that the day that you make one that you won't have someone throwing your mistake back in you face. "

I can't believe my dad said that. He just put Heather in her place and I couldn't be more proud. I turned my head towards dad and I smiled at him and he winked at me.

" trust druggie lennon to stick up for his alco daughter. "

" I'm going to kill her" I shouted jumping out of my seat.

I grab a fistful of her hair and drag her outta her seat and I punch her straight in the face. While Linda screams for me to stop. Heather fell to the ground and I sit on her still punching her. I have never been violent but hearing her talking bad about my dad just pushed me to my limit and I have snapped. I know I look crazy as I'm currently pulling her hair while screaming at her.

" Don't you dare speak bad about my dad you little bitch."

I suddenly feel someone's arms around me pulling me away. I see Paul rush to Heathers side and picks her up and i feel betrayed. I know that he is her stepdad and he has a duty of care towards her and i suppose he loves her and why i don't know. I just feel like Paul should be on the side of me and his best friend.

I turn around and see dad standing there and i know that he was the one that pulled me of her and i cant be certain but i think he looks proud of me.

" India why would you do that? What were you thinking?" Paul asks his anger poking threw in his tone of voice.

" i was thinking that that bitch needs taught a lesson and that lesson is to not provoke a Lennon and she needs to learn some manners. She has been pushing and pushing me all afternoon and i can only take so much and her calling my dad a druggie is what broke me."

" That does not excuse you attacking her."

" Paul you know if someone said something horrible about your parents that you would react the same way. You sat and allowed her to keep provocking me and are now surprised when i snapped."

" Im a adult how i react to things is up to me but you are a child and you need to learn that you cant attack people."

" you're talking like this is something i do all the time. You know that i am not violent and that i would need to have been seriously pushed for me to reach that level."

" It doesnt matter that this is your first time it is one time to many."

" Im disapointed in you. I thought that you would be behind proctecting your family. I have never bad mouthed you to Heather but if i did i would expect to be hit for disrespecting her step dad."

" He is my dad stupid." Heahter shouted while hiding behind Paul.

" Keep talking and you will need more that your step dad to proctect you."

" Just stop it." Paul shouted making me jump.

I see dad step forward and stand in front of me.

" Don't you dare shout at her Paul. Heather has been annoying her all afternoon and you know that and i don't think India is the one you should be shouting at."

" are you not going to punish her?" Heather asks.

" no im not."

He isnt going to punish me. I think i look as shocked as Heather does.

" so she can attack my daughter and get away with it?"

" yes she can. She is protecting her family and i am damn proud of her. We havent even been getting on lately but she is the first one there to stick up for me when your precious step daughter is being a brat and im not going to punish her for that because i hope she would do it again."

" I agree with John." George added.

" George i cant believe that you condone this."

" i condone sticking up for your family just like right now you are sticking up for yours. Its just sad that  a while ago that family included India but now it obviously doesnt."

" what do you mean Geo?. India will always be family"

" is that why you are wanting her punished. You seen and heard that Heather was being horrible to India. I even said to you that you need to step in and stop it and you thought they would work it out and India sorted it and now youre mad at her."

" It's not that i want her punished. I just want her to know that violence is not the answer and that there is always another route to take."

" what other route is there? The last time i told you about Heather picking on me you didnt believe me and took her side and i know if i came to you again you would do the same thing. I understand that now. Its ok for you to take her part as you see them as family even more so than you do me and i just know you will always take there side. It does hurt that you have known me since i was 2 hours old and you still cant take my side just once. You could not even pull Heather away from all of us and tell her to stop. You just sat beside her and said nothing and just allowed it. You heard her call my dad a druggie and me a alcoholic and still you said nothing. What will it take for you to step up and stick up for me for once."

I didnt even wait to hear his reply as i knew that it would just be another excuse so i just decided to walk away.

" So much for a nice family dinner huh" i shout while leaving.