happy father day part one

Its been around a week since the whole kitchen talk with my family where we well correction i decided that it would be best if me and dad just ignored each other. It has been going well in the sense that we both have been sticking to it and avoiding each other and we havent been speaking to each other. There is one minor detail i didnt think about and that is how much i would miss him. This is always the way he does something bad and i am always the one that breaks first because i just miss him but not this time im determained not to break.

Its just incredibly hard because when we get along our relationship is amazing and we are as close as two peas in a pod but when we dont get along its horrid. The other major factor i forgot about is that today is fathers day. We normally make a big deal of mother and fathers day but obviously this year is gonna be awkward. It had been decided since some time last year that this fathers day everyone will all come together for one big fathers day dinner. Paul and Linda and Heather are going to be there along with Ringo and Maureen and Zak and George and Pattie will be there along with us.

We are going to the Savoy in london for our meal and i believe that it is kind of posh and not at all like the places that im used to going so i thought i should at least make a effort. I put on my best navy dress and curled my long hair and i wore a tiny amount of make up to try and cover my bruised eye which is healing well but still looks awful.

I made my  way downstairs and into the living room where everyone was sitting seemingly waiting for me.

" You look beautiful India" mum said

"thanks so do you"

we all made our way out of the house and into the car thankfully dads chauffeur les Anthony was already waiting. The drive was quiet and things among us Lennons was still awkward and full of tension but we have kind of gotten used to it.

*Johns POV*

This whole situation with India is really tearing me apart. I dont want to be separate or detached from her. I want to know every single thing thats happening in her life and every thought that runs threw her head and i used to know all that we used to be so close but not lately and its killing me. I understand why she needs space from me and i dont blame her i have made some serious mistakes lately mainly hitting her. I should never of layed one single finger on her and the fact i did ill never forgive myself for until the day i die and seeing that black eye on her pretty face is just a constant reminder of how badly i messed up.

"Daddy are you looking forward to your fathers day dinner."

I turned to see my other beautiful daughter staring at me.

" i am sweetheart mainly because im with my gorgeous family."

I looked at India and she just sat staring out of the window.

" we are here." Cyn chirped in

" now girls please be on your best behaviour."

" You mean i cant get drunk and make a fool out of myself." India said obviously joking

" oh gosh please dont." Cyn laughed

We all piled out of the car and made our way into the grand looking building. I had been here alot with the lads while working so i have gotten used to the grand setting of it all though i dont really like it as it is to proper for me. Seeing the girls faces when we entered was all i needed to make this fathers day special. There eyes were huge and there mouths were agasp.

" This is so beautiful " Hollie said looking like she was used to such grandness. She takes every situation in her stride and nothing really rattles her.

" This is like a fairytale" India said obviously blown away by everything.

Hearing India say that just flooded me with memories of her as a child when she loved nothing more than a fairytale and would walk about everywhere in her princess dress and now here she is now 14 looking more beautiful than any princess.

* Indias POV*

This place is incredible. I feel as if im in some disney movie and im the princess. We walked into the restaurant and saw everybody already there waiting on us.

" Trust the Lennons to be the ones keeping us all waiting."

" It's your own fault Ringo for being early" John said

I was that busy looking around that i didnt notice everyone else already seated and there was only one seat left at the table and that seat was slap bamn between John and Heather.

" oh isnt this just lovely." i said only loud enough for me to hear

I sat down and wished that this dinner could be over in record time as sat beside dad was awkward but being stuck beside that spoilt child of satan Heather was worse. One thing about me is i hold a grudge and ill never forgive her for being a total brat and plus she hasnt changed at all she is still a dangerous snake and i just dont like her.

" so uncle John" Heather asks her voice laced with fake sweetness that everybody swallows up

" what did you get for fathers day?"

" oh i got a lovely card and chocolate olivers and new guitar strings from Hollie"

" what did India get you?." she continued

And here it begins the awkwardness and the make me look horrible questions. The truth is i didnt get him anything because we arent in a good place and i know that i am not going to go into detail and tell everyone why i brought him nothing over a fancy meal at the savoy so im going to look like the spoilt ungrateful child who just doesnt love him enough.

" i uh havent brought him anything."

I thought i might as well be truthful and answer without telling everyone why and turning this dinner into a drama filled afternoon.

" you didnt get your dad anything?" Heather added obviously not knowing when to leave a subject alone.

" You heard me i said no."

" well i brought Paul his favourite chocolates and a mug with i love you dad."

" well isnt that just exciting. Im sure your Nobel prize will be eagarly awaiting for you when you go home." i reply sarcastically

Mother turned and gave me the look. The mum look that tells you to shut up and be nice or there will be trouble.

" well its alot better than what you got John."

" i beg to differ i think nothing is way more wanted than a poxy mug but maybe its harder for you seeing as Paul aint even your dad."

Cynthia put her head into her hands and looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her whole but i just didnt care. Heather was irratating me and sometimes she just needs put back in her place.

While mother looked horrified dad on the other hand looked like he was trying to hold back a laugh.

" That wasnt very nice India. You know Heather is like a daughter to me." Paul said attempting to defuse a ticking bomb

Heather turned to look at me her face was so smug that i just had to keep biting back.

" Well there is a huge difference between like a daughter and actually a daugher. Anyway Heather what did you buy your real dad for fathers day?."

Heather looked like she was ready to throw a tantrum and i was kind of enjoying it. Call it late revenge of all the mean things she did to me.

" well as i said i brought Paul"

" so you brought him nothing and here you are trying to make me look bad for doing the same thing." i say cutting her off.

This was going to be a fun dinner i thought.