Joel - "I need you y/n. I need you. (Pt 1)

Ok. So this is the new series. And I had no idea what the setting would be about so I just had to roll with it. Anyways in every chapter of this short series Joel or someone else will say, "I need you y/n. I need you. I need you to be alright because if your not then I'm not." Little sneak peak I guess, even tho it says a bit of it in the title but oh well. Enjoyy :-)

Your Pov:

I was down Bondi for the day and planned to go and see my best friend, Joel. Him and I met around a year ago and we hit it off really well. But these past months I've felt different towards him.

I knocked on the Tower door and Jethro answered it, "Hey Y/n. You looking for Joel?" He winked. I laugh. "Yes as a matter of fact I am." Jethro eye rolled, "How did I know eh?" He mumbled. We walked up to the front of the Tower and Joel was sat there. "Jeff who is it?" He asked. Jethro did a shh mimic at me and I nodded. "Oh no one." He stated sitting down. "Have you seen y/n?" Joel asked. "No. Why?" He shook his head, "No reason." I sat down next to Jethro still not getting Joel's attention as he was looking away from me.

"It's a nice sunny day today." Jethro smiled. "Yes it is." Joel smiled to himself. "We should have a BBQ next week sometime." Joel was still smiling. He then turned and smiled, "Hello y/n." He had a smirk plastered on his lips. "Hello Jolene." Jethro and I began to laugh. "Sorry Sorry." I say. He eye rolled. "Anyways what are you doing here?" He asked. "Well it is a beach Joel. What are you doing here?" I ask sarcastically. "I'm patrolling the beach." I laugh. "Well have fun I'm going to relax." I stood up and walked to the door. "Please be careful y/n." I eye roll, "Don't worry I'll swim between the flags."

Joel's Pov:

"Hey boys have you caught that guy yet?" The boss asked walking into the Tower. "He's back on the beach we think." Hoppo took a sit next to Jethro and picked up some binoculars. "We've had a few young women come up and tell us about him but we can't seem to locate him." Hoppo nodded, "That has been the problem these past few weeks." We nodded in agreement.

A few hours passed and I noticed a young girl relaxing on the beach. A man stood over her. It was the same man. "Hoppo call the police we've got him." I say. Hoppo looked to where I was looking and instantly grabbed the phone. "Radio the boys down North Joel." Jethro informed me. I walked out the Tower telling the boys where they were.

The girl was telling the man to stop but he wouldn't. When I got closer I could see who it was. It was y/n. "Oi! Get off her!" I shrieked running over to them as the Rhino came close. The man decided to run but Deano was already out the Rhino and was centermiters away from him. I crouched down to y/n and she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. "Shh. Its ok your with me his gone." I rubbed her back gently as she began to cry. "He - He tried to." She stuttered trying to get it out. "I know I know."

I decided to keep y/n in the Tower with me and let her stay at mine for the night. That's what best friends were for y'know? She was asleep on the chair beside me. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. "You alright Joel?" Mouse asked me. "Yeah I'm fine." I mumble. "You sure you look miffed." I sigh. "Well I mean would you be upset if someone tried to touch your best friend?" I spit. He went quiet and turned away. "Sorry." I mumbled.

Your Pov:

"Y/n." Someone whispered. I opened my eyes and saw Joel. I smiled. "C'mon." He whispered. I stood up and saw I was in the Tower. The Lifeguards were packing the flags away and it was turning to dusk outside. Joel and I walked out the Tower and Joel had his arm wrapped round me. "You ok now?" He asked me. It all came flooding back to me. That guy. I stopped walking and my thoughts wondered.

"Y/n? Y/n you alright?" It was Joel's voice. "What yeah I'm - I'm alright." I mumble. He took me to his house and got me a t-shirt and blanket. "You can sleep with me if you like." Joel smiled at me from the kitchen. I smiled back at him, "Yes please. I'd like that very much." He nodded his head looking back down at the food. "I didn't think you could cook." I laugh. He chuckled still not meeting my eyes. "I can kind of cook." I laughed, "Ok well if the food is burnt then there'll be trouble." He eye rolled. "Oh shiver me-" I stood up and walked towards him. "Where's the lamb sauce, Joel!?" I exclaim trying to sound like Gordon Ramsay. "I'm not cooking you bloody lamb sauce." I laugh smacking his shoulder gently.

Joel and I decided it was time for bed. I was running in and out of each room waiting for Joel who was getting some water. "Hurry Up!" I exclaim. He chuckled, "C'mon then." We got into bed and I snuggled into his chest.

Joel's Pov:

I had y/n next to me slowly drifting asleep just like me.

*Joel's dream*

I was sat in the Rhino. An older man was sat next to her. "Joel!" She kept screaming. "Jethro! It's y/n!" Jethro turned around and shrugged. "The guys probably her boyfriend." She kept screaming and crying. I got up out the Rhino running over to them. "Get off her now!" I shout. "J-Joel I swear I'm fine." She mumbled. The man smirked, "Come on beautiful." I stand in between them. "Who is this?" I ask. "My boyfriend." I shake my head, "No. Your coming with me." I grab her hand and run with her. "Joel." I soon realized y/ n was on the floor struggling to breath. "Y/n Please dont-"

*End of Joel's dream*

I woke up breathlessly tangled in the blankets. Y/n looking at me worry in her face. "Joel what's wrong?" She asked. "Y/n. I need you. I need you to be alright." Her expression soon changed and she was confused. "Joel I'm fine." I engulfed her into a tight hug. And that is when I realized. I loved y/n.

Hey everyone! Sorry the uploads have been slow :-\ But I hope you enjoy this series :-)

Nicolee 💕