Hoppo - Gone Away (pt 2)

Hoppos Pov:

I can't face going back to work - knowing that's how I make them all feel. I'm just stressed about work. I don't know what to do - I feel like we're losing people down at bondi.

Maybe I need to talk to the lifeguards instead of shouting at them, but how? How can I tell them? I'm supposed to be the head lifeguard. I'm supposed to be able to... Manage it all right?

I'm sitting watching the Tv as my phones goes off with notifications. It's been a few days since they've all heard off me. Basically - since I stormed out of the tower.

My phone rings and I bite my gum.

It's Y/n.

Without knowing, my hand reaches over to the phone picking it up and pressing answer. Before I can even react she's speaking.

"Hoppo? Are you okay? Listen I'm really sorry about the other day."

What can I say?

"We really want you to come back to work."

"I don't think I can Y/n."

She laughs slightly, obviously thinking I'm joking, but when I stay silent she stops out of nowhere.

"What do you mean? 'Don't think you can.' Is it what I said? Because I-"

"-No. Its not. I don't think I can come back because I will carry on losing my temper. Maybe it's best... If I resign my place?"

She laughs. She still thinks I'm joking.

"Bruce. Stop this now. I know I upset you, and which I apologised for, but I." She stops mid sentence and quickly says in a desperate whisper, "You can't leave."

She begins to mutter on about how all the lifeguards need me and how we could fix it but I cut her off,

"I'm sorry Y/n."

"Bruce-"

I hang up the phone sighing. This is for the best.

Harries Pov:

I spot Y/n running up the steps from the tower and hear Whippet laugh,

"Guess she's really desperate for her break right Harries?"

"By the looks of things. Yes." I laugh as she walks into the tower. "You alright?" I ask after a few seconds.

"Not really, Can I have a word?"

"What word are you looking for?" I reply laughing as we walk down the stairs.

"It's about Hoppo."

'Oh, maybe it's time to stop joking now Harries.'

"I need you to come with me to his house. His thinking of resigning."

I raise an eyebrow, "Well it's his choice?"

"But maybe it was because of me? Harries please."

"Y/n, it's his choice - We can't just."

"No, No, I was on the phone to him. He - He wants to leave because of me."

"Y/n, maybe he just-" I sigh, "Maybe you did push him over the edge but maybe it was in a good way..."

He bites his lip, squinting his eyes slightly after see my expression.

"I thought you'd be able to change his mind." Y/n snaps pushing past me and walking out of the tower.

She really wants him to stay - I mean yes I do but... Maybe it's for the best? I stay in the tower for a few seconds before sighing,

Best to go after her.

I radio her, even though everyone's going to hear it.

"Go away Harries." She replies back into the radio as I make my way out the tower.

"Couple Goalsssss." Maxi laughs into the radio.

"We're not dating Maxi!"

"We're not dating!"

Harries and I both say in sync.

"Where are you?" I ask into the radio. For someone as young as y/n she can sure as hell walk quickly.

"Well I'm on my break so im going to find him."

"You won't change his mind you know." I smirk to myself trying to look over the beach for her.

"You coming or not?" I hear someone's voice behind me.

I sigh turning to see her leaning against the tower stairs grinning. "You can't just leave me alone can you?"

She shakes her head running over to me with a slight laugh

Your POV:

We make our way to Hoppos house and knock on the door, "Do you think his okay?"

"I haven't seen or spoke to the bloke for more then two days so I don't know."

Y/n sighs rolling her eyes and mumbling, "Idiot." Under her breath.

The dark brown door slowly opens up and their stands hoppo looking sleep deprived, tired and upset? Ive never seen him upset.

"Hell do you two want?" He asks already annoyed we've came.

"We don't want you to leave-"

"Y/n. Doesn't want you to leave." I rephrase nodding my head with a slight grin.

"I told you I'm leaving, whether you like it or not. It will be better for everyone. Plus you'll have Harries as a..." He mumbles something like head lifeguard or manager I couldn't quite catch what but he looks up smiling.

He continues, "Everything will be fine. So you best be on your way."

"Bruce please." She whispers making him stop closing the door, "We don't want you to leave."

"Y/n. You don't want me to leave. You aren't going to change my mind you know? You were the one who opened my eyes on how I was treating you lot. The job stresses me out and guess what! You. Stress me out."

I can see from the side of her she's taken a back from it, her orbs are melting with tears.

"That's a bit far mate."

"Just leave." He pauses, "Please." He whispers in a begging sad tone.

Y/n doesn't even respond but quickly walks away wiping her face with her hand.

I quickly walk after her calling her name.

"Y/n. Come on!"

I shout.

She turns around and tears crawl out her eyes quickly.

She walks back over to me covering her eyes and hugging my chest, wrapping her arms round my neck.

"It's okay." I whisper rubbing her back.

"His not coming back." She whispers, her voice slightly breaking.

"His never going to come back. It's because of me."

She sobs into my chest as I pull her to side for people to get by.

A/n:
sorry i haven't been very active recently. hope everyone is having a good easter break!<3

nicole:)