Jethro - Malibu Girl!

y/c/h = your hair colour
thanks for requesting! Hayden_the_demon

Your POV:

I'm an off duty lifeguard from Malibu on holiday down in Sydney Australia. I'm watching as the same blonde hair lifeguard runs into the water for the third time. I'm not really counting. He has nice hair, that's it! The only compliment I will admit to myself.

He runs in and helps the swimmer onto the board but then I watch as another hand sticks up. A few seconds go by and I don't see another lifeguard run out, and normally they're quite quick when they've spotted someone in trouble.

So instead, I take matters into my own hands and run out with my board. I paddle out towards the other swimmer and pass the blonde guy from earlier, who flashes me a charming smile.

'Is he purposely trying to distract me?!' I think to myself.

I give him a small playful glare, before carrying on toward the swimmer in danger. I pull him onto the board and when I look round I don't see anything of the blonde. I also don't see him on the sand.

If only I knew his name! Out of nowhere I spot a hand so quickly I paddle over to the shore and tell the swimmer to get off.

I quickly go back but the hand isn't nowhere to be seen, that's when I really start to panic. Quickly, I run towards the other male in blue who smiles when he sees me.

"Where's the blonde?"

"In the water?" He raises an eyebrow.

I turn towards the sea, "Really? Where? Because I'm sure I saw him go under."

"What?" He asks loudly, steeping metres in front of me. He mumbles something under his breath which I don't quite here before reaching over into the rhino for a radio.

"Hello? South Bondi To North, can I have some backup please? Jethro seems to have gone under, might need some oxy down here."

"Alright, copy that. Sending Maxi and Harries down."

"Thanks Deano. I'm going in now."

"Why don't I?"

The man gives me a glance completely ignoring me before running in. Thanks mate. I stand there for a few seconds holding my board. No way am I just going to stand here looking clueless.

I run into the water and shout. I don't know his name so I just shout for someone blonde. He'll know, I hope. That is if he can even hear me.

Then, a hand, or a whole head sticks up. I spot the blonde before I spot the blue sparkling eyes he has.

"Over here!" He chokes through water. I quickly paddle forward and pull him onto the board as he seems quite weak.

"Are you okay?" I ask, breathlessly. I honestly never would've expected any of this to happen, I'm supposed to be off on holiday!

I don't get an answer but he leans forward. I pass the other guy, who ignored me, on the way back to the shore. He spots the blonde on my board and shouts the name Jethro.

"Jethro?" I whisper.

"Mmm."

Oh that's a nice name. Never heard that name before but it suits him. We get him to walk while holding onto our shoulders. A few other men meet us there and he is then placed onto a stretcher.

I watch him as he taken away. Will he be okay? I know I've only just meant him but I rescued him. I care.

The same guy, who ignored me, and yes that's what I'll refer to him as now, came over and spoke to me.

"I'm sorry I ignored you earlier. Your a good swimmer."

"That's because I'm a lifeguard dumbass." I quickly say back narrowing my eyes at him. His eyes widen and he begins to chuckle patting my back. I don't know why I was so mean and sarcastic about it, he isn't to know I'm a lifeguard, "Sorry."

He chuckles, beginning to smile brightly, "Don't you apologise. You'd definitely fit in as a lifeguard down here." For some reason, this puts a smile on my face. I love working down at Malibu. It's lovely, but this beach is nice too. The lifeguards seem to be a lot closer then I am with the others.

"Come on. Let's get you a clean pair of clothes."

I smile following him towards the rhino. We make up small talk as he takes me back up to the tower.

"So your a lifeguard at Malibu?"

I nod my head, "What's your name?"

"Probably should've asked me that ages ago. I'm Luke." He gives me a side glance and a smile.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I ask as we walk into the changing rooms in silence.

Instantly he knows who I'm on about, then again of course he does, "Jethro's strong. He's dislocated his arm before from what I've heard. I saw the video and it was funny."

I smile. He hands me some shorts, "See you later Y/n."

"Thanks for the help Luke." I smile back as he walks away.

Jethro's POV:

I wake up on the first aid bed not remembering much, "Where is she?" I shout, Harries leans his head over the metal staring down at me from the top of the tower.

"Where's who?"'

Luke walks out from the changing room.

"Where's that girl?"

"Who? The y/c/h with the Malibu accent accent?"

I nod my head. I remember her rescuing me and seeming to question my name. But not much else...

"Oh she's in the changing room. She'll be up in a bit."

"Alright." I look down at the floor beginning to swing my legs.

"What happened?" Harries asks, I look up at him and shrug.

"I remember going into the water and seeing her. I also remember smiling at her. Then... A wave? I don't know. I don't know if I looked down..." I finally give up and mumble, "I can't remember."

Harries sighs, "It's fine. We're just glad you're okay Jethro."

"Same." I only have one person to thank for that - well no, but she did save me, find me in the water and all.

The y/c/h walks out the changing rooms pulling on the clothes that were like giant's clothes on her short body.

Harries chuckles, "You're tiny."

The young lady shoots him a mean - full glare, "I am not! Short!" She snaps at him which makes us laugh.

Drank adds from the front of the tower, "Ooo feisty!"

We all erupt into laughter while she stands there annoyed with her arms over her chest, tapping her foot on the floor.

"You done?"

We end our laughter and I smile at her, "Thank you for saving me..."

"Y/n." She smiles sticking her hand out while walking closer.

"Y/n, thank you."

She replies with the same light hearted smile, "Lovely meeting you all. Thank you for the clothes I'll return them tomorrow."

She waves goodbye while I stay still a smile peeling over my face.

"I think I might speak to Hoppo about giving her a place as a lifeguard."

Luke adds, "She did save your life."